Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi itsjustme,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been experiencing, but I am not aware of any technical issues on our side that would explain this behavior and I cannot be certain why the site would be loading slower than usual and/or freezing as you have described.

If you are still encountering this behavior and have not cleared your browser cache since this started to occur, I recommend clearing your browser cache and restarting your browser then checking whether that leads to any improvement.

If you continue to encounter these performance issues thereafter, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Why is it running at a snails pace - it has been terrible for 3 days now!
This needs fixed ASAP!
All other websites on my browser load no problem.
I have tried Auctiva with Chrome, IE, and Firefox - all the same **SLOW**
I have also now listed items that are not showing on eBay. This is unacceptable.

What is the status on this issue / repair?
Hi Community,

I am still not aware of any technical issues on our side of things that would explain why the Auctiva site has been slower than usual and/or timing out as described, but we have looked into a few similar reports recently (primarily from users in the Northwest US) which we have been able to attribute to user end ISP related issues.

At this point, we will have to look continue looking into each report individually so, if you are still encountering this behavior, please contact our Customer Support team directly from the “Help” tab on our site and we will do our best to help you out.

Also, if listings you have submitted through Auctiva have not shown up on eBay, the first thing I recommend is checking whether these listings were rejected by eBay by clicking the red number in the “Notifications” section along the top of any page within your accounts.

If an item you have tried to post was blocked by eBay, you should be able to view the exact error messages they returned on that page, which should explain exactly why the listing was rejected and at least suggest what you may need to do differently to get the item posted successfully.

On the other hand, it can sometimes take up to 24 hours for new listings to show up in all the appropriate eBay search results pages so perhaps the items in question did post successfully but need some additional time to be indexed. Additional information on this topic can be found on the following page of eBay's Help index:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/find_listing.html

-Mike
The site has been working at a terrible speed on and off for nearly a week now. I have filed a support case and received the same generalized response as what has been posted here. This is clearly not an isolated incident and it needs to be addressed. The issues with the site have doubled and tripled the amount of time it takes to list. It is getting ridiculous.
Hi Community,

I'm sorry to hear that so many of you are experiencing unusual slowness while on our site.

Are all of you using Verizon internet services? We have received a number of reports of this nature in recent days specifically from Verizon users so there appears to be a connectivity issue that is preventing Verizon users (at least in certain locations) from being able to establish a strong connection to our site.

We have been collecting information from the users who have reported these difficulties and our technical team is working to determine what may be causing this to happen, but we have not been able to find anything amiss on our end that would explain this to this point.

If you continue to encounter difficulties of this nature, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will work with you to get the appropriate information to our technical team to aid the investigation.

Also, provided you are indeed using Verizon internet services, I recommend contacting their Customer Support team as well to make them aware of the difficulties you are experiencing connecting to our site. Ultimately, this may very well need to be addressed from their end.

-Mike
Hi Community,

We have since been able to identify that the slowdown which is likely responsible for these performance issues is occurring at the routers located at 130.81.151.245 and 130.81.151.249 on the connection path between certain Verizon users and our site, which are located in the Dallas and Los Angeles areas respectively.

These routers are owned by Verizon so, if you are indeed a Verizon user who is encountering slowness and/or timeouts while using our site, please contact their Customer Support team and make them aware of this, and hopefully they will be able to resolve the problem soon.

We are looking into reporting the issues with these routers to Verizon as well but, given that we do not have a business relationship with them, our report is not likely to carry as much weight as reports from their customers who are impacted.

-Mike
As a senior system network engineer, I have the same issue w/ SLOW AUCTIVIA for the past several days. It IS NOT A VERIZON ISSUE...I have worked today (Saturday) with their most senior system engineers.If you do a traceroute from your computer to the router addresses Auctivia says, you will see your route to Auctivia. I have the same issues using 3 other Internet Providers excluding Verizon. 2 of the providers are High Speed (500mbps) Fiber channels, and SAME ISSUE.

Guess it might be time to CANCEL OUR ACCOUNTS w/ AUCTIVIA...unless they fix it real soon, and give us an ACCOUNT CREDIT for unable to provide what we pay for.
Hi Community,

We encountered some technical difficulties yesterday morning which caused many users to be unable to access the Auctiva website from just after 8 AM PST until 9 AM PST yesterday morning and that issue has since been resolved, but some Verizon internet users are still experiencing slowness and/or timeouts when using our site.

Although I understand some of you have contacted Verizon about this matter and have been told that this slowness is not originating from anything that is amiss on their end but, given our own findings, we can only respectfully disagree with any such conclusions.

However, we have escalated this issue through our ISP and have been assured that they have raised the issue with Verizon and are doing everything in their power to ensure this issue is resolved as soon as possible.

I will keep you posted on any new information which becomes available on this topic through this thread. We apologize for the continued difficulties!

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Im in Manhattan NY & can see the New freedom tower IE: Satellite. Verizon is my provider ,wireless ,But Im having a horridly slow go on Auctiva the last 2 days. It is far worse today..or maybe I'm just that much more aggravated Mad . I cant get any work done this way. Im just sitting watching the waiting to transfer window. Constant freeze: uploading pic's , Item specifics , Save ! It seems like I don't have wireless, yet all my other sites /programs are working fine, its ONLY Auctiva. I wish I had another listing provider at the ready. I need to work ! I need to rely on Auctiva and I can't seem to lately
This was Verizon's reply to me on 2/16/14. "We do apologize about this issue. If the issue is with a CDN server cluster owned by CogENT then we have no control over that. We do apologize about this issue but it is out of our hands, we cannot troubleshoot servers outside of our control. Mitchell

Come on people, I've been down for 2 days. Can't load photos or do much of anything but watch the circle spin around & around & around. This is ridiculous!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.