Skip to main content

Hi evabuddy, Auctiva will not work with wagglepop will it? I mean other than pasting code right?..It isnt integrated like auctiva and ebay right?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Jeff, I pretty much figured if I wanted to use auctiva I would have to paste the code myself...but hey thats not so bad.

As far as it getting popular, Rome was not built in a day. Ebay itself was around back when I didnt have love handles...lol but no one I ever talked to about it had ever even heard of it.

I think wagglepop is set up pretty good like ebay is...I will give it some time to get the kinks out and see what happens. Im not a big time seller anyway so I'll climb on board.

They have certainly got themselves a name that your not going to forget. If they can get it running smoothy, I feel that sellers are more than ready for an alternative to ebay.

I think wagglepop would do well to waive the final value fees for 6 months or something until they get the sellers onboard. Without the sellers products there is no wagglepop. A little incentive never hurts.

If they are sincere, I wish em all the luck in the world and if it works out, I will praise them to everyone I know.
quote:
Originally posted by Westvatexan:
Thanks Jeff, I pretty much figured if I wanted to use auctiva I would have to paste the code myself...but hey thats not so bad.

As far as it getting popular, Rome was not built in a day. Ebay itself was around back when I didnt have love handles...lol but no one I ever talked to about it had ever even heard of it.

I think wagglepop is set up pretty good like ebay is...I will give it some time to get the kinks out and see what happens. Im not a big time seller anyway so I'll climb on board.

They have certainly got themselves a name that your not going to forget. If they can get it running smoothy, I feel that sellers are more than ready for an alternative to ebay.

I think wagglepop would do well to waive the final value fees for 6 months or something until they get the sellers onboard. Without the sellers products there is no wagglepop. A little incentive never hurts.

If they are sincere, I wish em all the luck in the world and if it works out, I will praise them to everyone I know.

Well I hope you're right, but you apparently didnt experience the big Wagglepop blow-up a few months ago. When gabillions of sellers flocked to the site, no doubt spent cumulative thousands of hours listing items for sale, and then the site went poof, leaving everyone there completely in the lurch. That's what I meant when I said the site has a lot of strikes against it and sellers will be reluctant to come back. Sellers who went through that experience (thousands of them) will not trust Ray or his website again.
with charging listing fees and FVFs, it's just another ebay clone (like Overstock, etc) Between that and the fiasco bit, I simply dont see it as being much competition to ebay and the other, already established, venues.

If Ray was doing free listings with a modest FVF, then it might have a chance, but with fiasco, and both listing and final value fees, I just dont see it happening. I know I'm not going to invest time and $ and listing fees on the site, esp. not with the bitter taste that everyone still has in their mouths.
quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
with charging listing fees and FVFs, it's just another ebay clone (like Overstock, etc) Between that and the fiasco bit, I simply dont see it as being much competition to ebay and the other, already established, venues.

If Ray was doing free listings with a modest FVF, then it might have a chance, but with fiasco, and both listing and final value fees, I just dont see it happening. I know I'm not going to invest time and $ and listing fees on the site, esp. not with the bitter taste that everyone still has in their mouths.

Yea I can see how that would tick some people off. I wasnt around when that happened but I did hear about it. I heard it was like a year ago or so, is that true?. I feel for the sellers that got burned. But equally I feel for the guy that brought the site to the table,That is if he is really sincere. You have to figure if something went wrong and he was sincere about the site, it had to be a heart breaker for him as well. I just listed one ad on wagglepop just to check it out and see how functional it is and stuff. It does have some kinks to be worked out. But the listing was relatively pain free. Check it out, its a simple ad. I will go back and edit now that I see how everything works. Heres the link:
http://www.wagglepop.com/bin/auction/view?cmd=view&listingID=4472

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.