Skip to main content

Seller Janetm on ebay. I am at work and decide to check one of my sales, but find that the description and store headings from Auctiva are missing instead I get this warning message:

This Page Cannot Be Displayed
------------------------------------------

Based on your corporate access policies, this web site ( http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...ller=janetm&caz.html ) has been blocked because it has been determined by Web Reputation Filters to be a security threat to your computer or the corporate network. This web site has been associated with malware/spyware.

Threat Type: Phishing
Threat Reason: Identified as a phishing site.

If you have questions, please contact your corporate network administrator ( pcgroup@bakerboyer.com ) and provide the codes shown below. If you believe this page has been misclassified, use the button below to report this misclassification.

------------------------------------------
Notification codes: (1, MALWARE, Phishing, Identified as a phishing site., BLOCK-MALWARE, 0x004eeccf, 1311788704.359, AAAD7QAAAAAAAAAAKP8ACP8AAAD/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAE=, http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...ller=janetm&caz.html)

I did report it as a misclassification,but figure there are other buyers who may not be able to see my item descriptions on eBay. Is there anything Auctiva can do to prevent this? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It is not “eBay” the filters are keying on; it is the “Auctiva” portion of the page that is being blocked. All of the eBay information is coming up including our store header. I realize this web reputation filter is fairly new (I think) what I do not know is how prevalent it is or will become. I thought it might be like when Google threw up warnings about a site; that it may be something Auctiva can work around.

Since people at work are part of our target market; if this does not get addressed we may need to switch back to posting through eBay (Yuck). I do not mean that as a threat, it's just grrr sales are tough enough to come by.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.