Skip to main content

Hi, please read my auction, sold the other day..then I received an email from the buyer, I am not sure what to do...auction states no refunds..and I was unaware of any 911 stuff...I did not hide anything..I just did not know about it..what would you do?

VERIZON MOTOROLA "STARTAC" MODEL 7868- FLIP CELL PHONE (ST7868)

THIS IS IN VERY NICE CONDITION AND WAS USED BY MY FATHER, WHO DIDN'T USE IT MUCH. I REALLY WANT TO SAY IT'S CLOSE TO NEW CONDITION. I SEE NO SURFACES SCRATCHES. BATTERY SEEMS TO HOLD A GOOD CHARGE.

CLEAN & SHINY INSIDE & OUT.

COMES WITH A WALL CHARGER.

NEW BELT CLIP (STILL IN PACKAGE).

THIS IS AN "AS IS" AUCTION NO REFUNDS!

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THIS WORKS IN YOUR AREA.

NO REFUNDS! IF IT DOES NOT.....THANKS!

Additional Information about Motorola StarTAC 7868
Portions of this page Copyright 1997 - 2007 CNET Channel. All rights reserved.

Product Description
The StarTAC ST7868 digital wireless phone keeps you connected and informed with a microbrowser that offers Internet access and advanced telephone services. The ST7868 phone operates in both digital and analog modes to help increase service coverage. Plus, with the purchase of optional Starfish TrueSync software you can download and synchronize names and numbers with external software devices and PCs.

Details
Display Lines: 4
Phone Book Capacity: 99
Vibrating Alert: Yes
Phone Design: Folder type phone

Data
Data / Fax Capability: Yes
Internet Browser: Yes
Short Messaging Service: Yes

Battery
Battery: Rechargeable
Talk Time: Up to 225 min

FROM BUYER:
I recieved the phone today and tried to activate it. Verizon told me that due to the phone not being 911 compatible that the phone could not be activated in any area. I went back and looked and I did not see where you might have said that the phone was not 911 compliant. The phone is completely usless. Are you willing to do anything about this?
Some People Dream of Success While Others Wake Up and Work Hard At It! - unknown
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'd make a quick phone call tomorrow morning - or better yet, go - to your local Verizon store and ask them if this would be their policy given X model phone in X town (use the shipping address). If it's not their policy, then you can advise the buyer such. If it really is their policy, then you could either remind the buyer of your no-returns policy (& probably take a hit on feedback unfortunately) or offer to take it back to keep him happy.

I probably wasn't much help -- but first things first, make sure that Verizon really does things that way.

Good luck!
2purrcats
Cool
Thanks, you were of great help. I just wanted to confirm that I was thinking right. It is the right thing to do. I truly believe in Karma. So I'll do the right thing and refund, cause I do feel bad it will not work for them.

I did check Verizon website and they are correct.It cannot be activated. I just wish they had read "it's your responability..." They seem nice enough, so I will just refund, the auction price, letting them know that, it was up to them to check first and a no refunds, as is auction.
You're definitely doing the right thing, California Girl. If you were in the buyer's shoes you'd want the seller to do something about itSmile
It is annoying that some people don't read descriptions better, and in some cases you can't refund their money if it's just plain too unreasonable. Like once when I sold a radio that I clearly listed as not working, the buyer then complained to me because it didn't work. Now that, is totally ridiculous.
Thanks all!! I feel good too! This guy only has a 9 feedback, but he was real nice about everything.

I told him I would refund the purchase amount for him. He wrote back and said that he did not even expect that much from me.

He has already given me a great postive feedback, and only received the phone yesterday!

So I trust him to return the phone and he trusts me to refund, as I will do. I wish all buyers were as nice as this newbie, it just goes to prove it does not always matter the feedback score. Just one's common sense!

And as I said earlier, I'll have good Karma- wish I truly truly believe in. What comes around goes around.

Thanks for your support! & advice.
quote:
Originally posted by California Girl:
Thanks all!! I feel good too! This guy only has a 9 feedback, but he was real nice about everything.

I told him I would refund the purchase amount for him. He wrote back and said that he did not even expect that much from me.

He has already given me a great postive feedback, and only received the phone yesterday!

So I trust him to return the phone and he trusts me to refund, as I will do. I wish all buyers were as nice as this newbie, it just goes to prove it does not always matter the feedback score. Just one's common sense!

And as I said earlier, I'll have good Karma- wish I truly truly believe in. What comes around goes around.

Thanks for your support! & advice.

It's really ironic that some of the nicest, friendliest, fastest paying, easy-to-deal with buyers have 10 or lower feedback, and some of the cranky buyers I've dealt with have 50+ feedback.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.