Skip to main content

Does anyone remember just a few short months ago? That Auctiva did a BIG move, so that we would not have so many issues, like today (Sunday)we have had. What happened? It seems to me that there are more and more issues as time goes on. The BIG move was supposed to fix the site, to be faster and less down time? The help support ticket use to be so FAST! I would get a reply in less than an hour, now it is taking days, and then the reply is useless! also my spell check always worked before, but as of last week, not working at all!

So Auctiva team, what is going on? Things were suppose to get better not worse?

I really have not complained much at all before this last week, because the site is free, just very upset, like the rest of us.

Many of us have asked if we could just pay a small fee for your service, would that help in getting a site, that anytime you login, the site is up and running. Most of us love this so much we are ASKING to give you money, how often does this happen in life!

Well enough of my venting Big Grin, Thanks!
Ok I am done and got it out of my system, I can breath again! Donna #2
Some People Dream of Success While Others Wake Up and Work Hard At It! - unknown
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree with everything you just said with the exception of it's free. Everyone tiptoes around because of the perceived free status. It's only free if you chosse not to use the insurance feature. It's a great site when working, and the WORST when not. I don't pull punches when it's not working! I lose a tremendous amount of money and I suspect Auctiva does too! I've completed hundreds of auctions and the insurance paid is what the Auctiva business model is all about. Nothings Free, it's just paid in other ways. I give my time, creativity, and my items I'm selling to generate a sale with the insurance, if bought, that profits Auctiva and myself. This site needs to be dependable or I'll leave it as fast as I found it, no apologies! No excuses! If I had this kind of major outage and kept my customers in the dark, I'd expect to lose alot of business. Come on Auctiva, get it together!
The server move in March isn't the solution to every problem we ever had, or are going to have. It did solve the problems with slowness then though. We are always finding and fixing and optimizing. The site and users are growing and we're not having the same old problems over and over and over. We find them and fix them and different things happen all the time.

There are problems today for some users, but not everyone. We've posted about 92% as many listings as last Sunday for example.

I'm sure we'll find the cause of the todays errors in the morning.
Jeff, I have always stuck up and given my 100% support for Auctiva, I truly love the site..! but seems funny that for almost one week, I have filed a support ticket, and still not have an answer, this is something very important to me, I get over things quickly and move on I don't complain much at all here. I just need help on the support ticket I have filed, and now when I post something here, Wham! I get a reply...please I ask you to check my ticket, as I have been more than patient. Thank-YOU! Donna #2
I wasn't questioning your support, I'm sorry if it sounded that way.

When a support person recognizes a pattern of similar issues it's given an entry in our bug tracking software. Meetings are held weekly or more to determine the severity of all bugs in the system and they assigned a priority. They are then fixed in order of priority and as time permits given other development.

I have not asked about the spell check issue in particular so I don't have any other info.

Since we developed our support system ourselves one of the features I've always wanted is a way for us to signify that a bug report has been filed for whatever it is that our customers have created a support case about. From there it would be assigned an ID # for tracking and when we fixed it or had other updates we could update all users that had that ID # attached to a support case in reguards to that particular bug.

What currently happens is that they sit there generally aren't answered again since we know it's a bug already. I'm sorry to say it but I don't see that happening anytime soon because we simply don't have the resources to be adding features to our support system. Everything is dedicated to improving Auctiva and working on new features for our next major release.

We have discussed our inability to respond to outstanding issues like this in our monthly meetings and it is a long term goal of the support manager to work with engineering to get the programming in place to do this. I just don't see it happening for 6-12 months though.

Jeff
Jeff, thanks for your reply, I am not sure I understand you or you me, I am not asking for a new feature, I am talking about the WYSIWYG editior, the spell check there, that has always worked perfect for me, till last week, thats what I need fixed. Are you saying that the spell check on the editior won't be fixed for almost a year? Sorry not quite awake yet.
Donna #2
I believe Jeff was talking about the problem with not being able to respond to every single support request for known bugs.

quote:
inability to respond to outstanding issues

Jeff, I know you know this but from a user perspective this is a big deal. People have a certain idea of what "support" means. If nothing else, why not compose form responses that specifically mention the bug being complained about and send them out? A lot of people seem to complain that they have no idea that a human is even seeing their requests. If their specific problem was addressed in some way at least that would put their mind at ease somewhat.

It's too bad you can't hire one more person dedicated to handling support requests and perhaps keeping the bulk of users apprised in some other way (the forums, for instance).

Not that I don't appreciate what's going on behind the scenes. I'm just sayin'.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.