Skip to main content

I don't leave feedback period. If I get a request for feedback, I tell them because ebay is not fair to both the seller and the buyer, that I have stopped using the feedback system.
I figure there will come a day when I can no longer sell on feepay because they will screw me over with some lame excuse like DSR's. That will be the day I pick up my playthings and find a new friend.
There are certainly a lot of disgruntled, unhappy eBay sellers expressing their opinions about being jerked around and threating to leave the eBay arena or may have already done so but WHERE are you going to? I have not seen another auction site anywhere on the net that is even close to eBay's setup! I too have virtually stopped selling until I can find another site that will generate enough traffic to make it worth while to post my items for sale. While the storefront idea is okay, the auction concept is a much better determiner of a fair market price for my goods (antiques, chinaware, used tools, etc.). Why can't we all agree on migrating to ONE auction site so that collectively we can create the same mass of offerings as is now on eBay? Then the buyers will have a common site to go to to search for items as they do now and we can all get back to the business of buying and selling. If you have found another auction site that looks promising, let us all know where it is will you? Remember, "United we stand...."
Ebay needs to make sure that sellers are now protected, they should charge the buyers credit cards when they dont pay. They have done enough to make sure buyers are satisfied but I have been getting alot of nonpaying buyers and I keep losing. It seems like s simple fix to charge buyers credit cards if they dont pay. I made a suggestion to Ebay, maybe you guys can too! Thanks
I've been ripped off MANY times by buyers and sellers on Ebay.

PayPal protection is a complete fraud as the item has to be sent back with tracking. It costs more to send an item back to China than it's worth and your shipping costs are not reimbursed.

I reported a PowerSeller of FAKE USB sticks last October (HENSELLER). NOTHING has been done about the seller and he's still ripping people off left right and center. Many people who buy the sticks do not realise that the 16G only hold 2G.

I reported a schill bidder in December but that user is still trading happily.

Unfortunatelly, ebay/paypal is now the domain of fraudsters and scam artists
ePay not only condones fraud but seems to encourage it. I have complained repeatedly about all the sellers that sell Puca Shell jewelry that is NOT Puca shells. Puca shells are the rounded tops of cone shells that the rest of the shell has been beaten off on the reefs. They are not round or square shell chips made usually of white clam shell. Nothing makes a dent. Whether reported as counterfiet or key word scamming or what ever they just do not even bother to respond except their lame form letter thanking me for the report. Then they do absolutely nothing. I have tried to educate them but they do not want to know what they are condoning is a fraud upon the public not to mention making it impossible for honest sellers to compete with the crooks. The only solution seems to be to also become a crook and sell fake stuff. ePay does not care what it shows for sale as long as they get their fees. They even alow some to charge sur charges to cover the Paypal fees but not others. I am sure they would pull mine if I dared but others have done it for years and still do. One jewelry supplier that has a couple of sons on there sells any whitish metal as silver when none of it is. ePay do anything NOPE! When caught the seller offers to refund except for the S/H and when a neg is left they threaten you. ePay do anythign about it? Heck no they pay too much to ePay in fees. So if you pay them enough you can get away with anything and they do nothing. They encourage fraud if it makes them more in final value fees.
Then the audasity to make their Paypal the only logical method of payment outlawing Checks or Money Orders. Shame on the greedy pigs.
Don
The latest addition to the Ebay Boycott Theme Songs: Dead Or Alive's "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)".

I'm getting extremely dizzy from all the spinning that's coming out from San Jose and Auctiva's newsletters.

Last year "eBay" was quoted as saying, "Buyers don't boycott eBay".
Really now? I do sell a few items. But, mostly I buy. And for the record, this buyer is heading up the internet's largest ebay boycott websites. With the help of so many wonderful sellers and buyers, we have helped bring ebay to it's worst Christmas season ever. In the meantime many have fled eBay and ran to Amazon, onlineauction.com, ioffer.com, etsy, ebid, and up n commer, bonzanzle.

I would like to ask someone WHY is it that ebay claims the economy is why their performance is down, but, Amazon is claiming their BEST season EVER!???

I'm asking everyone to continue to support the boycott,
It IS working,
Tim
Despite falling numbers?
Are you guys serious? The ONLY reason ebay is strong still is because of it's past investments. $8 billion in cash can keep many companies afloat for quite a while. Spin can work for a while too. And, ebay has a lot of both.
What can I offer as proof? That in Feb 2008 a week long boycott was called for, and listings dropped from nearly 20 million to 12 million, despite ebay's efforts to entice many more listings with special listings days that would continue through the boycott?
The May 1st and Beyond Boycott campaign which is still ongoing?
During this time ebay has seen a dwindling of sales, and traffic (although traffic is not indicative of sales).
That ebay has artificially inflated listings by somehow combining SDC (shopping dot com) items on the ebay site. EBay claims this was a glitch, and that it affected about 35,000 listings. However, evidence has pointed to the listings being actually in the millions. It was also a very convenient time to have this glitch occur. I've rarely seen glitches that are convenient or work favorably for people.

No, there is still more proof that eBay is in deep trouble. EBay stocks were at $40 in Oct 2007. Today, after hours closing has ebay at 11.86 and dropping!
While ebay and apparently Auctiva wish to pretend the news is not bleak, dropping from above $40 to under $12 in 15 months is disasterous. Especially when your competition is claiming their best Christmas EVER!

Please join the eBay boycott,
it IS working,
Tim
http://forums.delphiforums.com/boycottebay/start
http://myspace.com/boycottebay
I have purchased nearly $8,000 in Ebay merchandise sence July 2008. I've meant all kinds of sellers - the good (outstanding really), the bad (never ripe for being good) and the down right ugly (Those who expect everything from you and give nothing in return).

I've been burned by the International as well as those in the United states. The line that goes - give the package a few more days doesn't wash with me anymore. It use to though and then 45 days would pass (time to dispute with Pay pal) is gone and I have been served the double screw. The seller has both my money and my merchandise!

Now, I no longer wait and seldom make exceptions - those verifiable deaths and emergency will bide me a little more waiting time, but not long. I now file a dispute with Pay Pal if I do not receive the package within 10 days from the date and time of my payment. Refusing to drop the dispute until I receive the package in good order. I have found that Pay Pal takes notes and seller comes up short without proof of mailing.

There wqere a couple that swore they mailed it. I filed with Pay Pal and received the package 41 days after I paid. The package was in good order and they sent a free gift for my inconvience - so I know that they did not mail till after they figured out I would not budge with my complaint to Pay Pal until I received the package. I did drop the dispute.

I can count the good sellers on one and 1/2 hands. Such a disapointing number for me. Anyone wanting to know the good versues the truly bad should look at my feedback left - it says a lot.
AS A LONG TIME BUYER AND SELLER ON EBAY (12+ YEARS AND 15,000+ TRANSACTIONS),I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!! THE ANTI SELLER POLICIES HAVE DONE ME IN. IF EBAY AND SOME BUYERS REALLY BELIEVE THERE IS SUCH A THING AS FREE SHIPPING, THEY NEEDED TO GET PROFESSIONAL HELP OR CONSULT P.T. BARNUM! FREE SHIPPING=HIGHER FINAL VALUE FEES FOR EBAY AND NOTHING ELSE. THE BUYER IS PAYING JUST AS MUCH OR MORE. BEING LURED BY THE 4 LETTER WORD "FREE" IS ONE OF THE OLDEST GIMMICKS IN THE WORLD, ALONG WITH "WE'LL SEND YOU 2 GIZMOS, JUST PAY SEPARATE PROCESSING AND HANDLING", PLEASE!!!
I GUESS THINGS HAVE IMPROVED FOR BUYERS, NOW A BUYER CAN CLAIM HE RETURNED AN ITEM, LOSE A PAYPAL DISPUTE, FILE AN INSURANCE CLAIM, KEEP THE STUFF, AND STILL LEAVE THE SELLER NEGATIVE FEEDBACK??? ALL THE SELER CAN DO IS COMPLAIN TO EBAY/PAYPAL AND GET NO RESULTS FOR HIS EFFORT!!
OH, I FORGET, ALL BUYERS ARE POSITVE ONLY, NO BAD, DIS-HONEST, BUYERS IN EBAYLAND. SELLERS DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO BLOCK BUYERS WITH HIGH NEG. FEEDBACK, UN-PAID STRIKES, ETC. THERE IS NO SUCH THING, THEY ARE ALL PERFECT HERE IN FANTASY/EBAY LAND. I EVEN TRIED TO FIND A DETAILED BUYER RATING (DBR), NO SUCH LUCK!!! SO MUCH FOR THE FAIR AND OPEN EBAY COMMUNITY. I'M PLANNING ON MOVING TO A SAFER, HAPPIER, FRIENDLIER COMMUNITY, LIKE BAGHDAD, KABUL, SOMALIA, ETC.
TO THE REST OF YOU, I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE ADVISE ME WHEN EBAY HAS A "FREE LISTING DAY AGAIN". REMEMBER THOSE???
Then there are the BUYERS who claim they did not recive the item and since no one would pay for a delivery receipt you can not prove to paypal in any way they would accept that you mailed it so Paypal gives them the seller's money and they keep the item as well. Has happened to me several times. How do I know!?? The crook who claimed they never received the item later sells it on eBay. Then there is the one who swears they mailed a check (which ePay no longer alows since they can't get their pound of flesh on a check or money order). And then they swear that you cashed their check. When asked how I endorsed it that is the last I hear from them. Has happened twice. IF they had the canceled check they would know how I endorsed it on the back. NOT The way my name appears on ePay. They don't so the fraud is averted. The post office does lose stuff. I do not collect insurance but rather guarantee delivery. Insurance is too big a hassel and most will not pay for it anyway but still insist you guarantee delivery or they go to Paypal anyway. The seller can't win.
Don

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.