Skip to main content

I am now starting to sell on wagglepop...ive been looking through the pages of auctions and other stuff. I see tons and tons of sellers but next to no buyers...no bids on auctions....so im asking, Where's the Beef? Wagglepop. I wrote them a while back and ask them what they were planning in the way of bringing buyers to the site..advertising wise...they told me they had all kinds of stuff lined up in the near future...this was months ago..and in my opinion..the sellers are there now...but I havent seen any advertising from wagglepop anywhere...except on my sites...lolol.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think the sellers are just now signing up... and maybe alittle while before they get stocked up... and then THEY themselves go and bring their ebay customers... i don't think it would be wise for them to bring their ebay customers before the site is stocked.... i think one should start the sells analyzing at the end of sept to get a realistic picture... but still there are other clues that make this have a type of steamrolling speed...
bringing ones buyers to a place that is nearly empty and their own store half empty will give a bad FIRST impression to their buyers who are use to alot of stuff at ebay..... bringing them BEFORE i think is unwise.. also most of these stores have just been signed up in the past week.. some may still have their stores going on ebay until the aug 22 until the fees kicks in... so i don't expect theses sellers will be trying hard to get their buyers over there until the site and their own store is set....

and i think the analyzing of sales data should start the last of sept when the stores are set up and they have had time to work with getting their buyers over there....these store owners BUYERS has gone THRU ebay to get to these buyers stores.. this is what they are use to.. so this site that the store is on needs to be seen in a good lite.... a shoddy site that this seller now goes on will not be good for their buyers and will reflect on the store itself...
I sold hand over fist on WP the first time.

I resigned up the first day to reserve several of my eBay IDs.

I haven't used them as I felt burnt the last time.

Sellers are spreading out like wild-fire from eBay...but what worries me is are the buyers going to find us?

I'm still sitting on the fence bout getting into WP or not. <sigh>

Time will tell.
Thanks WILDMAN,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by weirdpatrick:
Donna do you know how many stores wagglepop had the last time and what the cost of the stores was before they folded??

Nope..I deleted all of that information when it folded.

It was nothing in comparison to eBay. I mean dirt cheap with very little fvf if any.

I bet Danielle or Wayoutwest would know. Or BT.

I'll see if I can find some information in cached on the internet or I have a link that brings up what a site showed way back when.

My head is hitting the keyboard...<yawn>

Outta here folks,
Peace!
Donna
From what Ive seen there are plenty of sellers on wag to make the site effective already...there is alot of merchandise listed as well. I mean dont get me wrong..in comparison to ebay..its nothing. But in comparison to many of the other auction sites, they seem to be rolling right along over there, seller wise. Also when I wrote wag a while back I asked if they were going to have a No# of watchers feature. They told me they were going to have something even better...Well where the hell is it..lol. This was a good while ago.

Im just doodling around with wag at the moment..but if they would start advertising the site..I would start listing with them more aggressively. I guess im just weary because of what happened last time to everyone else..and If they arent implementing advertisement, and all these things I was told they were going to have. It makes me wonder how serious they really are..ya know what Im saying? LOL...You have to excuse me...im one of those want it now people...I have the patience of a kid on riddlin..lol
quote:
bringing ones buyers to a place that is nearly empty and their own store half empty will give a bad FIRST impression to their buyers who are use to alot of stuff at ebay..... bringing them BEFORE i think is unwise.. also most of these stores have just been signed up in the past week..

Well, I agree that directing a buyer to a barely-stocked store may not be the best idea but I still don't see why a seller would care about how well the rest of the site was stocked. After all, it's every seller for themselves, is it not?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.