Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Al,

You are not alone regarding the new editor and all the extra work it entails to produce a listing.

I have written to the HELP Support desk several times this week. One of my main questions was
" can we have the option for a link for the old editor " for users who are experiencing problems using the New editor.

They did not comment on that question.

But they did say that they were NOT going to bring the old editor back, but instead were working on Fixing the New One. !!

They are now going to ask the developers of this editor about the problems I am having, and they will get back to me.

So, I sugest that you write a list of all the problems you are having with it to them,(HELP DESK) maybe we are having similar problems. ?

Here is a link to the site where they got it from, maybe they can help directly.

http://www.fckeditor.net/support/default.html

Check out the help desk there.

Good luck, let me know if you find any answers

Carol.
Hey, I like the new editor. It takes getting used to and getting the hang of the quirks but I like having more options. One suggestion, when setting up a listing, go to the HTML and make sure it's all erased before starting with your new Design. Of course that is if you use the Design view. Sometimes it hangs on to stuff you think are gone.
judyw ... great that you like it but to me it is a time consuming hassle.

I use Master profiles and when it is set up the new editor puts too many places between certain lines in my auction description. So I have to either find them in the text mode and delete the numerous <P>nsb</P>between them or go to the design mode and delete the spaces until the lines are where I want them.

I double space between my lines so using Mike's input of clicking on format and clicking <P> does not work for me as it separates the lines one space.

The old editor accepted any html codes I put in the editor box but not this one as it adds unwanted html codes

Hope that explains it
Hi Al, there is now an account preference you can set for the default editor on the listing page. If you select 'Text' on the account settings page, then your descriptions will load in a regular text box instead of editor so no spaces will get added. If you don't need the extra features this would probably be the easiest way to go.
Hi David,

The help desk also suggested this option to me, so I tried out both the TEST option and the HTML option. Neither one worked for me.

Do you think it is only users with " Custom Templates " that are having the problems ?

I never use auctivas templates, I have my own custom templates set up. So I don't paste from word, or create a template when listing, I just click on my template and load that. Another member mentioned that by creating a new "details profile" you can stop some of the extra lines from adding on.

I created a new Details Profiles and selected the drop down box with paragraph < div > inside it inside the editor, and then saved that a master profile. That has helped with some of the problems, but not all.

The main problem is that it will not pick up my custom fonts, and it adds extra html coding in after the description wording, so that I am left with a 3 inch white space after my description. I now have to go into every ebay auction and revise it, and remove the 4 lines of < p > </ p> < center > </ center > and those nsap things and divs.

I am hoping the developers will have a patch that auctiva can download.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.