Skip to main content

I am selling Lacoste polo shirts on ebay and everytime i try to post a new listing now this is the error message that comes up...
"API Error

eBay has not posted your item due to title, description, and/or eBay policy violation. Please contact Auctiva support for more information on why your listing has failed to post."

Does anybody have a solution for this????
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had same problem a few times months ago... Suppot will not help. I finally found out what was happening. Ebay will kick out your listing if it violates any percieved rule. It's automated and is WRONG all the time. Other than the obvious, a banned item, you need to read closely for any banned words: I had a german war relic get API'ed for the word NAZI? I also had a mispelled word which could be construed as a cuss word. But most likely, it's the problem I had that took forever to figure out... Payment methods: Acepting Cash in your listing description? I guess ebay doesn't like cash, they don't get their high fee's!
Hope that helps?
-R
mattroy is completely correct. Ebay will deny a listing for a brand name, accepting cash, etc and etc. It's just the luck of the draw as to who gets to list and who is denied. (You will see hundreds of listings almost identical to yours & wonder how they did it).
Happened to me too, but I kept trying & after a couple of days I got it to list. I only had one 'brand' name item tho, if you have many I'm sure it will be more difficult to list them all.
I guess just keep trying & keep smiling Smile
Oh-almost forgot...Try your title without the brand name, I know it's not fair but use as many OTHER descriptive words as you can, then of course put the brand name in the description area. IF YOU CAN LIVE WITH THAT, go in later and try to revise the title, it just might work. It also might not, that's why I say 'if you can live with that'
Good Luck Smile
I had that same problem for about two day and I couldn't find anyone to help me. I found it much easier to fill out the template with all the payment, shipping and other info on it , then save it in my saved listings section. Then I would go to ebay go to the sell section, start to fill out my sell your item form, then in the area where you can put in the text to describe your item I would cut and paste the template form Auctive into that section. All you have to do is open the preview of your auctiva template that is alredy filled with all your info, then left click on it to copy it, minimize it, they paste it to the text section of your sellers form. It is much easier and less frustrating then trying to get it to post through Auctiva, and you still get to use the nice Auctiva templates.
hi everyone, just in case someone else runs into this problem in the future, here is what i did to find the problem of the API error message.
i followed 'jseelenbrandt' instructions above, and tried posting the item through ebay. when i clicked to submit the ad, an error message popped up informing me why my add couldnt be posted. for me it was stating that i was trying to accept money gram as payment, when in fact i was stating that i would NOT accept MG for payment. so im assuming ebays filters operate only on keywords and not entire statements.

this method helped me. hope it works for you guys also!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.