Skip to main content

Strange..but this is not how my pictures usually load.

I am revising many listings tonight in order to get my images in compliance. When I remove a thumbprint image in revision I usually always get the Image URL from Auctiva and then revise the ebay listing by adding the Image URL. It has been working that way forever and all night tonight until just now.

All of a sudden when I remove the image from ebay it loads there image program to upload a new photo. It does not give me an option now to insert the Image URL.

How did this change just all of a sudden. Now my pictures appear to be loaded via ebay instead of from Auctiva hosted images.

What's going on? Does anybody know or have they tried revising the small ebay image this evening?

Here's what it looks like when I try to remove/revise the image. This is not how it has ever looked for me. It usually just gives me the screen to insert the Auctiva Image URL.

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi LifeisLike,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. I just reviewed the Add Photos area of the eBay Revise your Item form for a few of my active listings and, upon clicking the grey “Add/edit photos” button in that section, an option called “import from web” appeared on the ensuing pop up window allowing me to import photos by URL.

I could not make the Add Pictures pop up window in my eBay account appear exactly like the one in your screen shot, but I did notice that clicking the “Classic Uploader” link in this section took me directly to a view of the uploader which looked much more like your screen shot than when I clicked the grey “Add/edit photos” button

Therefore, if you were not previously clicking that “Add/edit photos” button, you may want to give that a shot to see if it takes you to a view that will allow you to upload images to the listing using your Auctiva hosted image URLs.

If that does not resolve the issue, I recommend contacting eBay's Customer Support team to see if they can help you update your account such that you have the option to upload images from your Auctiva hosted image URLs once again. I hope this helps!

-Mike
Thanks so much Mike for your response. Apparently no one else has experienced this.

I'll check out what you have suggested.

It's so strange it changed mid-stream so don't know if it was me that changed a way doing something or what.

Anyway, I'll check into it a little more and see if I can find the mystery answer.
Thanks so much.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.