Skip to main content

Ok, I go all through the listing process and then when I get to the options of list, save or schedule, I click on list or post and nothing happens! This has been happening for awhile now and I have been posting through Ebay (ouch, full price). I get no error message, nothing. I can list from old listings but can't do anything new. Please help. Very frustrating...
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Lena, the same is happening to me and I am very frustrated. I have a few listing with Turbolister and some with Auctiva and found out that my customers cannot combine the shipments between the twos. My dilemma is should I keep trying to use Auctiva or should I give up and just use Turbolister ? It looks like there is a decision to make on a standard to adopt... and live with it for the rest of your ebay life.
First the listing, now I cannot even access the Auctiva site. The maintenance window is sometime tomorrow, what is happening now ?
Last edited by franco
quote:
Originally posted by Franco:
Hi Lena, the same is happening to me and I am very frustrated. I have a few listing with Turbolister and some with Auctiva and found out that my customers cannot combine the shipments between the twos. My dilemma is should I keep trying to use Auctiva or should I give up and just use Turbolister ? It looks like there is a decision to make on a standard to adopt... and live with it for the rest of your ebay life.
First the listing, now I cannot even access the Auctiva site. The maintenance window is sometime tomorrow, what is happening now ?

What is turbolister?
quote:
Originally posted by Lena:
quote:
Originally posted by Franco:
Hi Lena, the same is happening to me and I am very frustrated. I have a few listing with Turbolister and some with Auctiva and found out that my customers cannot combine the shipments between the twos. My dilemma is should I keep trying to use Auctiva or should I give up and just use Turbolister ?

What is turbolister?

Turbo Lister is a downloadable software program that helps you create item listings in bulk on your computer and upload them to sell at eBay.

You will pay extra for more than one picture and you won't have the ability to schedule items without the added fee to eBay.

You can download this software from eBay.

My Best,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Lena:
Ok, I go all through the listing process and then when I get to the options of list, save or schedule, I click on list or post and nothing happens! This has been happening for awhile now and I have been posting through Ebay (ouch, full price). I get no error message, nothing. I can list from old listings but can't do anything new. Please help. Very frustrating...

Do you have any pop up blockers going that would block the completion of the function?

Double check your firewall too and your anti-virus to see if they're blocking anything from auctiva.

Good Luck, Donna
mine is not posting we are recieving an erro # 240 from ebay message says:
The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy. but I know there is nothing in the title or the diacription. the only thing I could guess is the Money mover logo that auctiva is adding in. How do I get rid of this. I have over 1000 auction I need to get up.
Hi. I am new to auctiva and also having posting problems. Last week 7 out of 30 scheduled items failed to be posted an dstill waiting for answers from support. Then last night 20 out of 35 failed! All had been previously listed so there was nothing wrong with them.
I am starting to think that auctiva is going to cost me more in lost sales than I save on ebay fees.
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen:
mine is not posting we are recieving an erro # 240 from ebay message says:
The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy. but I know there is nothing in the title or the diacription. the only thing I could guess is the Money mover logo that auctiva is adding in. How do I get rid of this. I have over 1000 auction I need to get up.

Query eBay as to what specifically in your auction isn't acceptable.

They'll tell you or they should depending on who you get at Dead Help/Live Help.

My Best,
Donna
Be sure to send Auctiva a question.

Nobody from Auctiva mans these boards on a regular basis.

The boards here are for a sense of community.

Sorry this happened to you.

There has to be something wrong to have that many not post. (not saying it's your fault mind you)

What is the error listing giving you as a reason? Did these boot out due to ebay or Auctiva reason? Timing out? Etc? Did you run error check on these auctions before scheduling? (I'm sure you did or it won't let you go to scheduling, but I feel the need to ask) As eBay adds new words and reasons daily, Auctiva has tried to keep up with eBay but there are times that unless noted to them, they don't know to add a new guideline, phrase etc.

I need more facts to go on so I can help.

My Best,
Donna
SmileHi, I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but one of the things that happened to me in the beginning is that my listing contained Java script and they would not post even though they passed the error test. I have to have Support remove the Java Script and I still don't know what it was. File a support request. Ask them if it might be Java causing the problem. Hope you get it resolved soon. I know it is frustrating.
Hi Again
No, nothing was wrong with the listings. All have been posted before and posted with no problems. It was an auctiva - eBay comunication problem. That is why I am concerned as to how often this happens.

this is support reply

Hello Steve,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I checked out your Auctiva account and the error message that was given was "Not Posted In Time". This was a result of a failure that occurred when communicating with eBay. You should be able to reschedule these listings and they should post without a hitch.

Thank You,
Auctiva Support.

Sure I can reschedule but have lost nearly a whole days business
Lena,

I am also having a problem posting, saving, scheduling. I have been for 2 days now. I left Auctiva for a long while because of 'glitches' and have just come back to try again.

Like you, I go through inputting all the information for the listing, set all the profiles (or edit them, etc.), click save, post or schedule and nothing happens...just nothing. No error, no blank screen, no nothing. There my listing sits on screen.

I've been opening another window with Auctiva in it, copying & posting from the 'dead' window and posting that way but it's taking twice as long on each listing! It seems it happens every other time I try to post. Try to post, nothing, open new window, copy/paste, post through fine. Hmm, as I'm walking through this in this post, I'm wondering if it is the second item I'm trying to post. The first one after I open the window posts fine.

I'm going to try opening a new window for each item to see. It's not a great solution but better than having to redo each and every one a second time!
quote:
Like you, I go through inputting all the information for the listing, set all the profiles (or edit them, etc.), click save, post or schedule and nothing happens...just nothing. No error, no blank screen, no nothing. There my listing sits on screen."

Yes . . . that same problem just about sent me to the Funny Farm . . . Very Frustrating - Time Consuming - MADDENING! Confused Roll Eyes Eek

I filed a support case and the advice I received was to try Firefox as my browser as Auctiva's program/code/or what have you, is written based on that browser . .. not IE.

So I did - and everything worked wonderfully for 4 days - THEN - NO TEXT BOXES for Listing Description! I had somehow screwed up my Java Script - OH THE PAIN IS ALMOST REAL AGAIN just thinking about it!!!!

Anyway - sent my computer out to the 'Hospital' - it came back with the JS fixed, Firefox installed and I've been a happy camper ever since!

No more problems, double window Hoo Doo, blank pages, Runtime Error pages, Listings not saving or everything just plain disappearing... never to be found again!

I love Firefox Wink - try it! There is another Topic that I went into this subject a little more - go to .. . "Unable To Add Description" in the "Getting Started" catagory. Good luck and things WILL work out!
No, I am not getting an error message. I am getting nothing. When I hit post or list whichever the word is, it does nothing. It's like it is taking time to do something but it does nothing. I haven't tried in a few days, maybe I will. I just get frustrated putting time into the listings only to have them just sit there.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.