Skip to main content

Sometime ago, I asked for input on my then first ever listings. I believe the term I used was "be brutal". Well, I got some great input again thanks to all. I now have a new listing that hopefully is an improvement.

I am asking that you again critique and give me your best suggestions for further improvement. Thanks in advance.

Item number: 120129689847

Clickman
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Lokks pretty good! Great pics, maybe alittle wordy over all and the bold highlights are a little distracting. I usually add the detailed info or specs in a seperate area, so people can get the basics immediately, and the details only if serious. Also, It would be nice to prefill in the templates for guarantees, shipping, policy's, etc. That way they are pre-filled in every auction and look very professional. They also automatically take on the coordinated template headings like: SHIPPING, PAYMENT, WARRANTIES, FEEDBACK POLICY, ETC. and look like you spent alot of time, when all you have to fill in for each auction is thedescription. Hope that helps?
I've had a look at your post, and although I couldn't see the pictures (rubbish internet at work) the text looks good. Well done for getting 21 bids. I think what mattroy says about using the seller details profile is good advice, it does save you a fair bit of time and looks better.

Would anyone have time to look at my listsings? 110138870917 in particular, also 11013747515, 110138870909 and 110137365702 all on eBay.co.uk if you have time. Please be brutal I know I have a lot to learn.

You could also have a look at:

my auctiva store

Thank you very much.
Hi Super_Flautist,

Your listing 110138870917 looks really good, my only complaint would be the color of text you used in the Payment/Shipping etc. sections. That needed to be white as well. Some of us do not have good eyesight. So if you are using a colored background, white is always good.

Listing 110137475151 does not have the nice divisions of your template where your payment/shipping info should be divided.

Listing 110138870909 looks really good, but again the color of the text in payment/shipping etc. needs to be white.

Listing 110137365702 does not have a template, so it is not as attractive as your others. I am guessing this item was done before you started using Auctiva. Black text is always best on a white background.

From what I have read from power sellers, if there is any difficulty in reading your listing at the very beginning, most buyers click away and go to another listing.

Anyway, this is only my .02 cents worth.

BroJames
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out.

The text for the payment/shipping has come from my seller's details, I'll have to work out how to change that to be the same as the desciption. Any ideas?

You're right about the one without a template, that was relisted from before I started using auctiva because I noticed at the last minute that it was a cheap listing day.

I like using different colours, but I think you're probably right about using black text on a white background. Personally I never buy anything from someone who uses bright Red text anywhere.

Does anyone else have any comments for me?
Hi Clickman -I've had time to look at your listing more closely and have more observations. You have two "DESCRIPTION" headings, first the template's heading, followed by your own heading. I would eliminate one of them, it seems cluttered and redundant. Even though you have an expensive piece of gear you are trying to sell, you have a LOT of text in this listing, bordering on too much in my opinion. ANYTHING you can do to clean up and streamline things would be beneficial. Also the listing is very contrasty with a lot of blazing headings, a lot of different font styles,bold, italic,underline,large type, small type, red, blue, black etc. It's definitely the right idea, but a little too much? It feels very busy and distracting to me. Maybe tone some of it down?

You mention a broken belt strap but do not show it. All "defects" should be clearly pictured so the buyer knows exactly what he's getting. Most of your pics are good (clear and close-up), but not all: some of them, when supersized, show camera movement and poor focusing/depth of field. Some the the shots could be better lit to give better detail on the front of the black subject. The owner's manual shows a lot of glare and might be better off scanned, or the lighting re-adjusted. I would locate all pics above your supplementary text (such as guarantees and bidding advice) because the pics are primary - terms, etc. should come last.

Well, I hope I don't sound too much like a nit-picky critic here. These are only my own personal opinions and are meant as POSITIVE criticizism only- please take it in this spirit. It's obvious you put a lot of work into this listing. In spite of my critique, I still think that it is a nice piece of work. All those bidders must have thought so too. Smile
Last edited by ninthwave
Mattroy (or anyone). Thanks for input. You mentioned the template "automatically" taking on art work for description, payment, etc.

I saved "profiles" in every area, plus a "master" profile. However, the finished listing did not use the available art work for Shipping, or Terms of Sale. Would have liked them to show.

What am I missing here?
Ninth_Wave,

Thanks for you very Comprehensive critique of my listing # 120129689847. Your absolutely right about some of the photos that could have been better.

In the future, I will always show photos of "defects". Perhaps a little "scared" this time? lol

Scan type (manual) - now why didn't I think of that? duh

I'll give my thoughts about color, etc. a little later but for now, I would appreciate more input from others.

Give it a shot folks, listing number 120129689847.

Thanks,
Clickman (AKA) Ron
quote:
Mattroy (or anyone). Thanks for input. You mentioned the template "automatically" taking on art work for description, payment, etc.

I saved "profiles" in every area, plus a "master" profile. However, the finished listing did not use the available art work for Shipping, or Terms of Sale. Would have liked them to show.

What am I missing here?

I reckon you maybe haven't created your Seller Details template in the profiles tab. After you've done that you can then select it on the listing form next to the bit where to select your template. When the text from your seller details profile appears in the the preview before you submit your post you know you've got it licked. Using the seller details will make the various headings appear in the same style as your selected template and hence the same as the "Description" title that appears automatically. It also saves you typing the same stuff over and over.

Good look Wink

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.