Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi stevans,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention. We have recently become aware of an apparent compatibility issue between the new Internet Explorer 11.0 and the our current description editor that is available on our site which can prevent sellers from pasting text into the Standard version of the editor, so I suspect Internet Explorer 11.0 was installed during these updates.

Our technical team is looking into what we may be able to do to address that issue, but I am not sure when the issue may be resolved at this point so you may want to use an alternate browser for the time being so you can continue to paste into the description editor.

Aside from reverting back to Internet Explorer 10.0, you could potentially work around this issue by using the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers, which can be downloaded at no cost from the following pages respectively:

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome

I hope this helps!

-Mike
Hi stevans,

Our technical team is indeed still working on this, but I am still unable to provide a specific estimate of when we will be able to implement a solution for the issue at this time. I will update you through this thread when the issue has been addressed or any related information becomes available though.

Since you do not wish to use the Firefox or Chrome browsers, as I mentioned, you could also potentially work around this issue by reverting to Internet Explorer 10.0, which can be downloaded from the following page of the Microsoft website:

http://windows.microsoft.com/e...-worldwide-languages

I believe you could also avoid this when using Internet Explorer 11.0 by changing to Internet Explorer 10.0 mode through the “Emulation” module.

You should be able to switch to this mode by selecting “F12 Developer Tools” from the “Settings” menu within Internet Explorer, opening the “Emulation” area by holding “CTRL” and pressing “8”, then selecting “10” from the “Document” drop down menu on the ensuing interface.

-Mike
Mike,
You might recall I am having the same issue with IE 10 so 'possibly' reverting back that to that is not going to work.

I have had a pending support case on this for days+ and still don't know the status of this other than we'll let you know.

IE 10 had worked fine for the last 11 months and then all of a sudden it just doesn't work.
Mine could be a separate issue but people are sure having issues with the editor.

**But, I do want to point out that I can use IE 10 just fine to post for Ebay but can't use it at all for my Auctiva Commerce store. But, it's all the same editor so in my case it works for one application but not the other.
GREAT JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR - PROBLEMS WITH IE 11!

Mike, I currently have been having problems with IE 9 & very nice support person suggested for my issue going to IE 11 might take care of issues.

Cut & paste function has not been discussed, but I use that a lot to save time.

I found that I couldn't use IE 10 because of problems with uploading images. So I uninstalled & have been working with IE 9 that has the capability of working in 64 bit mode OR you can create a separate short cut of 32 bit mode.

Mike, if you want to get a good laugh go read my support case about the pop up problems I've had that prevent me from working in 32 bit, except for struggling through it to just upload pics.

I don't like the idea of installing a separate broswer because it seemed to cause problems on my computer in the past.

Thanks for "listening"
Hi stevans,

I am pleased to report that we have recently released a new version of the description editor that should be fully compatible with Internet Explorer 11.0, so you should now be able to use the editor effectively through Internet Explorer 11.0 without having to use the Compatibility or Emulation modes.

If you notice any remaining issues of this nature, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the "Help" tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
Hi stevans,

I am actually not aware of any changes that were made when the new version of the description editor was released that would account for the behavior change you described.

The editor is configured to strip the formatting code from when content is pasted in which contains proprietary Microsoft formatting code (such as descriptions that were formatted using Microsoft Word), but the previous version of the editor did this as well.

As a test, I also copied the description text from one of your active eBay listings and pasted it into the new description editor through Internet Explorer 11.0, and the formatting that was present in the active listings was retained through the entire process.

If you continue to encounter difficulties of this nature, please contact our Customer Support team directly from the “Help” page within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

Be sure to include the details of where you are copying the text in question from as well in case the issue is specific to using a specific source.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.