Skip to main content

I have 100's of not well over 1000 listings in auctiva and I was wondering if auctiva was working with ebay to be compliant for the new awful ebay page design coming?

Can we still use the auctiva photos?
Can we still use the auctiva templates?
Is auctiva making changes so we can keep using auctiva?

I hope this is something does not come down to last minute or myself and a lot of other big sellers are going to start having to move our items away from auctiva starting now to get everything done before these new ebay changes.

Scott
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
The new page layout is available here. Note, the description section comment about "active content blocking". This is where Auctiva places all the current pictures, SG, etc.

http://pages.ebay.com/newitempage/

I've actually seen a live auction with the new layout. I have no clue how Auctiva will operate with these changes....don't ask me. Eek

Danno
I forgot I can't preview...I tried to bold the first sentences here...don't know if it worked....sorry!
What is Active content blocking? More importantly the questions asked her are scary to read! Are you saying it's possible the Auctiva program will not be compatible with the new format??eeeks I'm sure I'm off the deep end here! Eek
quote:
Originally posted by N:
quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
The new page layout is available here. Note, the description section comment about "active content blocking". This is where Auctiva places all the current pictures, SG, etc.

http://pages.ebay.com/newitempage/

I've actually seen a live auction with the new layout. I have no clue how Auctiva will operate with these changes....don't ask me. Eek

Danno
I forgot I can't preview...I tried to bold the first sentences here...don't know if it worked....sorry!
What is Active content blocking? More importantly the questions asked her are scary to read! Are you saying it's possible the Auctiva program will not be compatible with the new format??eeeks I'm sure I'm off the deep end here! Eek
And what is SG?
quote:
Originally posted by N:
quote:
Originally posted by blavann:
SG = Scrolling Gallery

(I think)
Eek
What does this mean......that Auctiva techs don't know either......
This makes me very nervous.....I have 83 active now and I have probably 50 I'm getting ready to relist.....
OK I'm very very nervous!!!!!
I think the answer is in the Store thread.....looks like it will work.....
"Active Content" are things like JavaScript, ActiveX, and Flash. I know many use JavaScript on their Auctiva custom templates....and so does Auctiva on many features.

There is/will be a temporary opt-out capability for the new page layout, but no details on how to use it.

I'm trying to find and "CAPTURE" a page with the new layout, so I can get a base-construct model for my editor. If anyone sees a new listing with one, post the listing number back.

Danno
Last edited by danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.