Skip to main content

I've heard other sellers talk about the convenience of having Auctiva automatically insert their listing title in the top of their description. No matter what I try I can't get that to work.

I don't use a template as I like to use the sell similar from saved listings of each type of item I sell but would want to place the auto-title at the top of my descriptions to save the step of copy and pasting it each time. how do I accomplish this? Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Devon,

Thanks for contributing to our forum.

The feature we offer which automatically places the title of each listing at the top of the description is associated specifically with the user of our templates, so you would need to start using templates in your listings in order to take advantage of this.

Generally speaking, using an Auctiva template in your listings should not prevent you from being able to effectively use the “Create Similar” option to build new listings from your existing saved listings, so perhaps we could help you work around any difficulties you may have encountered when you have tried to do so previously.

Also, if you would prefer to maintain a simple white background, I recommend checking out our template called “Plain White”, which you should be able to locate by searching for that template name using the “Search Templates” interface in the template selector.

I hope this helps. If you continue to encounter difficulties when trying to use the “Create Similar” option to build new listings from previous saved listings that use templates, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will do our best to assist you with that.

-Mike
Thanks Mike that really helps. I'm a new user in my trial month & a trying to learn all I can. I've got the Plain White template edited and saved to my liking and am using it in a new listing. But there are some things I cant figure out.
1. How do I prevent/delete the words "Detailed Item Info" that is being inserted into my description? We prefer a clean streamlined look to our postings and just want the title at the top of th description.
2. How can I control spacing between elements? Example I have title,next line description, and on 3rd line Payment. If I don't space between each new line they are way too close but with just one line space they are too far apart. The settings won't allow me to change the spacing between lines as far as I can see.
Thanks!
Hi Devon,

You're very welcome!

The words "Detailed item info" that you are seeing on the preview page actually will not show up on your listings once posted to eBay, so there is no need to worry about that. You should be able to confirm this by viewing any of the items you have already posted through Auctiva directly on eBay.

I was previously unaware of this discrepancy between the preview page and the current “view item” page on eBay, but I will make our Product Management team aware of this so they can look into updating that aspect of the preview page with a future site update.

It is not currently possible to adjust the amount of spacing between lines using the tools that are built into our description editor, but you could potentially customize your descriptions in this manner by accessing the HTML using the “Source” tab on the editor and introducing a “line-height” value.

For example, if the HTML of one of your descriptions looks like this:

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family: times new roman,times,serif;">Line 1<br />
Line 2<br />
Line 3</span></span></p>

You could then increase the amount of space between lines by updating the line height (which would be 40 pixels in this example) as follows:

<p><span style="font-size:18px; LINE-HEIGHT:40px;"><span style="font-family: times new roman,times,serif;">Line 1<br />
Line 2<br />
Line 3</span></span></p>

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.