Skip to main content

Apparently last night eBay redid something and now all of my auctions that were supposed to get posted last night had errors because they didn't have the package dimensinos. But I don't even see where you can enter that information into Auctiva. Am I missing something or is it not yet supported?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yah right. This week so far:

My feedback not being posted for most of the week

Yesterday all of my listings took an hour to post if they did at all. Some did not.

Today I get a general error when trying to post a service request.

Also Today none of my listing will post due to the package dimension thing...but this one just happens to be eBays fault. Whatever.

For a free service you people sure have cost me a lot.
eBay post about their error with package dimensions, which they estimated would be fixed at 17:00 on Sept 8th, but apparentely still isn't fixed:

http://dev-forums.ebay.com/thread.jspa?q=package&forumI...=500007312#500007312

Here's eBay's post from the 7th about listings not posting: http://dev-forums.ebay.com/thread.jspa?threadID=6000019...15&mod=1157667649246

We had a backlog of feedback from over last weekend which we acknowledged in another thraed, and our support system was undergoing some updates on the 8th and we even posted an alert about that. Both of those have been resolved.

We just don't blame everything on eBay, but when it is caused by eBay we say so.

quote:
This is not going to be "fixed" by eBay.
Yes it is, please see the link above. They say this:
quote:
This hard blocking error (<SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode>Wink will turn into a warning (
That means they'll be turning it from an error into only a warning. So it will be fixed, by eBay. Just not at 5pm on the 8th like they said it would.
Not trying to be a pain in the ***, Jeff, but when you say that eBay is going to fix it by changing it from an error to a warning, it still sounds like a little bit of a problem that requires some follow up on Auctiva's side. i.e.; adding the dimensions functionality. In that link that you provided eBay says this: …If you do not provide dimensions, default values will be set based on the defined package type. Note that this would likely result in costs not being accurate for your specific package. Maybe the default value will be good enough, maybe not. But it still sounds like eBay is making a change that you guys should be reacting to. Heck, I’d just like to be able to put my package dimensions in anyway because sometimes it’s difficult to keep track of all the different standard sizes that my items ship in. It would be cool to have that pre-fill along with the weight.
I agree, we'll need to update our site and we'll do that. When eBay adds feature like this out of the blue we aren't always able to update our site right away.

It takes time to code it and test it and release it. This is why they release features like this as options with default values.

We'll do the update as time is available. It's quite costly to do a single update like this. It takes people off current projects and requires additional testing and deployement. Unless there are other issues that become critical we may not do it right away.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.