Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't know if you looked at the other postings, but here is some excellent information I found:

Posted 01-08-09, 12:31 Hide Post
Dear Cathy,

Welcome to Auctiva! It is certainly possible to revise your listings that are currently running to use Auctiva's image hosting, but it will entail a fairly cumbersome process because the images you are using would need to be uploaded into Auctiva and then the image URL's that are referenced in your active listings would need to be edited to point to the locations of those images on the Auctiva site.

One way to accomplish this would to be upload your images into Auctiva and then replace the old image references in the description HTML of your listings with the URL's of the copies of those images that are hosted within your Auctiva account. Once you have uploaded your images into Auctiva, you would be able to find the URL's of each by clicking the "Manage Images" link under the "Images" tab within your account.

If you would like to do this without having to sift through too much HTML code, you could also accomplish the same thing by revising each listing via the following process (if you do it this way, you will have the opportunity to add Auctiva templates to your listings at the same time too):

1) Recreate the listing in Auctiva and click "Save". Since you will only be revising the item description, it is only necessary to fill out the “Item Details” section of the lister page.
2) Once you have finished, click the "Save" button.
3) Return to your Saved Listings page and click the <HTML> icon next to the listing.
4) Highlight and copy the HTML that appears in the pop-up window.
5) Scroll down about 1/3 the page to the “Description” section and click the "HTML" tab on the editor.
6) Delete the html that is already there, paste the copied html in its place, and save your changes.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
I am not sure what it meant by recreate the listing- does this mean write a new listing?

Here is what I have been doing and maybe it is a slower method.

I go to closed (I am trying to migrate my listings from Vendio to Auctiva) then I import the unsold. Go to saved/closed and edit to relaunch.

But what does the recreate mean?

Thanks I am migrating about 450 listing to auctiva so any short cuts would be great!!!
-Annette

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.