Skip to main content

Hi everyone.

I am on the trial period of Sellathon (ends 7/31) so I don't know if this will work for subscribers but it did work for me.

You CAN PREVENT people from seeing your stats.

1- sign in to Sellathon
2- click on "Your Preferences"
3- go to column 3 "Your Display Preferences"
4- click on "Gallery Settings" at the bottom
5- this brings up your "Gallery Preferences" page
6- first column "Publicly Viewable"
7- UN-CHECK EVERYTHING
8- Click on "Update Gallery Preferences"
9- Logout - go to ebay - go to one of your listings and open it
10- Click on the "click here to see my other auctions ranked by popularity"
11- when you click any of the links such as snipes or watches you should get ---
" Number of Known _______ : n/a*
12- scroll to the bottom of that page and this note is posted
13- " * Seller has elected not to publicly display that information"

This worked for us but again we are on a trial until tomorrow so I don't know if it works for all.

If anyone tries it please let me know if it worked for you.

We are new sellers (1 month) and new to Auctiva and Sellathon. So far we think they are the BEST!!!

Hope this helps.

Terence aand Mary

PS: Please excuse the step by step concept. It's just me and the way I explain everything.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Mr "G" Scale:
We are new sellers (1 month) and new to Auctiva and Sellathon. So far we think they are the BEST!!!

Hope this helps.

Terence aand Mary

PS: Please excuse the step by step concept. It's just me and the way I explain everything.

Good afternoon Terence and Mary,

I do best with step 1, step 2, step 3 instructions. And appreciate the effort and time that you took to place those instructions here.

Especially when persons are new to a service finding all the click here, click this and that..it gets confusing.

Where are you in Florida? Central Florida? I'm in Lakeland..and have been here the majority of my life.

We have several other sellers from Florida on this board, too.

My Best and Continued Success,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
That's great news, thanks for the info.

Makes me wonder why Sellathon couldn't divulge that information.

Rick,

It could've been in how the question was worded.

Think on it, how many times have you and I and others tried to help persons on this and other boards only to not know what in the heck they're talking about.

As you and I well know sometimes answering questions on this board we have to dig deep asking the person to please clarify this or that info and sometimes it takes several times before we can get to the issue they were asking about.

And also think on all the times persons have come on here to ask questions and have attitude and/or are angry. It's hard to get those persons to actually word what they are asking to clarify the issue.

Thanks for all the emails Rick.

My Best,
Donna
Thank You Mr "G" Scale for posting these instructions on how to hide Sellathon stats from buyers. I have wondered for quite some time about this information being available to all to view and didn't really like the idea. I'm glad to finally realize that I can choose to hide it from everyone but myself. I agree with many others in the fact that this information shouldn't be viewed by any and all potential buyers.
I'm not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, all my information is viewable again! And when I tried to go to Sellathon to find out why, and see if I could simply change everything back, they said I had to renew my subscription in order to "access my account."

I've sent them an e-mail to see what can be done. Any ideas why this would happen? I've logged out and cleared my cookies and logged in using a different user name and I can still see all my stats. Can anyone else see them?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.