Skip to main content

We are pleased to add to the site another helpful new feature called Auto-Save for listing descriptions.

With this feature--which has been enabled for all accounts--if you are interrupted by a neighbor, a phone call, a power outage, or whatever while you are in the middle of keying in a long listing description, you won’t lose your work. Auto-Save will automatically save a copy of your listing description window at periodic intervals while you type. The save takes place in the background—e.g. behind the scenes--so it won’t slow you down while you are typing in your description.

If you are interrupted in a way that loses your browser session, you can recover your saved description and get back within a few keystrokes of where you left off when you were interrupted.

A small window appears directly beneath the Item Description editor window will shows the first few characters of the last description that was saved, tells you the date and time the save occurred and asks if you want to preview it or restore the saved description the Item Description window. If your work has been interrupted, all you need to do is select the ‘yes’ response. There is also a short message that shows from time to time that shows you a save as occurred.

We have an FAQ for the new Auto-Save Feature that explains it in more detail . You can read about it here. http://www.auctiva.com/help/#description-autosave
Auctiva Tony M. Sr. Product Manager, Auctiva.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by vinylmavennyc:
I am not finding this feature...help!?!
Its turned on in your account...I checked. Look under account preferences in listing management...the last entry is the setting for it.

As I said...a small window appears directly beneath the Item Description editor window will shows the first few characters of the last description that was saved, tells you the date and time the save occurred and asks if you want to preview it or restore the saved description the Item Description window.

Go to your lister page and start typing a description in...you will see the window after you type for a while.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.