Skip to main content

Reply to "20 Cent Listing Sale eBay Fixed & Auction"

I have so much to do to get ready for Thanksgiving, have 14 folks coming for dinner. But broke as I am, I decided my time might be best spent getting some listings on and taking advantage of the .20 sale. So what happens? I am listing like a maniac trying to beat the clock and my connection starts slowing to a crawl, shuts down. I call tech support for my DSL and it comes back on after unplugging the modem etc. Then it slows and stops, I call back and she convinces me the line is good but I have a virus and should call McAffee (who BTW does not have 24 hour support for peon home users.) I switch to my laptop and my wireless connection does the same.

Now 3rd call and here is the sad part. I just bought this new modem from Qwest for $99 because I wanted wireless for my laptop. I tell the guy I think the modem is bad, he has me reset, reconfigure etc etc and says my phone line must be bad.

I say no, my old modem was working fine. He says "what old modem do you have?"

I pull it out and he says "do you see an antennea on the back of that?"

Yes. I hook it up and DSL is working fine, we configure it for wireless and the laptop is faster than it ever was with the new modem.

He says "I think that modem is bad." All this took almost 3 hours! AAAAARGGGGHHH! I did get about half of my listings on. Now if only some will sell (sigh)
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.