Skip to main content

Reply to "35mb image upload limit is dated"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Rebecca:
Hi HudsonRecords,

Unfortunately there will be an upload image limit put back in place shortly. We left it off while working out the kinks with the new image uploader, and we will have to add it back.

The good news is that we are increasing the size from 35MB to 50MB, so that should help when uploading large batches. We would love to not have a cap, but you can imagine the headaches it would raise if tens of thousands of users were all uploading huge batches at the same time--we're just trying to prevent those bottlenecks from happening.

Thanks for your understanding,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your message. I like the new image upload interface. At least it remembers the target folder between uploads. I still run into the limit wall on occasion. I think if the limit were doubled to 70 MB, that would be enough.

I can think of a few of better ways to address potential bottlenecks:

1. Have the upload program insert a 30 second pause every 50 MB. So instead of showing the user a message that the next file can't be uploaded, pause and continue when the current batch is done.
2. Instead of un-selecting the remaining files, display a 'Continue?' dialog when the current batch is done.
3. Increase the limit when traffic is low. If users know there's no limit or a higher limit during off-peak times, they may be compelled to upload during those times, thereby helping to balancing the load overall. When someone hits the limit, display a message telling them this.

In my opinion, with all due respect, the goal here should be to make the bottleneck Auctiva's problem, not the customer's.

Best regards,

Steve
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.