Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice from Meg"

Over the past few years, I have mostly been a sporadic seller on ebay. I've found that I'm able to sell fairly okay in the home school market. Most items in this market range from $5.00 & up.

I've also been selling a bit of used clothing/shoes, and they have been going from $5.00 & up to around $15.00, which I am tickled with.

For the last year or so, I have been trying to find a niche market, and think I've finally found it, but the key to sales is based on a total order rather than an individual item. The individual item would start around $3.00 & head up from there. This item though would be only part of a set, or ensemble, which would need to be completed based on the customer's unique design & desire, and this would drive the total sale up at checkout.

I anticipate the average order to range between $15.00 and $150.00 (fairly big spread), but could be on the lower end due to repeat sales over time, rather than buying the whole package at once. I just feel that...well...I don't know. I can take the choice away from the customer and just sell completed sets, but feel this will really take me to a niche much smaller than I want.

From everyone's advice, I am in the process of doing the whole shebang with domain/site, working on eCrater, and all the other stuff. I'll probably still use ebay as a marketing tool, but would really love to be able to keep it up there as a major resource.

So yes, $25 is kinda sharp from my perspective.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.