Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice from Meg"

I agree with Jett. Insomuch as the 'core' auction style listings are where eBay makes its greatest profit. Once sellers realized they could list so so or hard to sell items in their eBay Stores, instead of listing them over and over and over and over and over and well you get the point, eBay lost revenue. eBay makes its greatest profit from the 'failure' of auction style listings. That's correct, failure. eBay's bread and butter is 'relisting' using gallery and other 'optional' listing tools. Many, many sellers will relist an item to death hoping (like an addicted gambler) this will be the time it sells. I've done it myself! The truth is, for most items, if they can't/don't sell on by the second time (maybe as much as 3 or 4 times) around, something's wrong. Either the ad (lack of keywords) is poorly written, over priced, poor ending time or it is just an item no one wants. If you can't sell an item by the second to fouth time, get rid of it. I've gotten to the point where I know (with reasonable certainty) what will sell and what won't. That's why I'm doing the .99 cent sale tomorrow. I'm basically giving away the so so stuff (nice things) to make way for the really good stuff. If you can't get the good stuff you feel (95% sure) will sell, don't get it. Sure take a chance on 'some' things. Make that the exception and not the rule.

Then again, if sellers stopped using optional listing features. Stopped relisting their merchandise to death, eBay would have to raise core fees to compensate. Hmmm, on second thought, continue to use gallery and other optional listing features. Above all else, relist your merchandise to death. I mean, how much is too much anyway? Muwahahahaha!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.