Skip to main content

Reply to "Again with late listing"

Dirk, just a thought. WHY in the world would ebay want to limit the bucket size? For EACH listing that is put on they make money whether it sells or not. Just throwing that puppy on there and they get paid. Would you want to limit the money you made by not furnishing a larger bucket? I can't imagine the thought process behind a company doing that? What would the strategy behind this? Ebay is prepared for HUGE quantities of listings to go on. They also do not have the quantity of listings they have had in past due to limiting numbers of fixed price duplicates, muti-variation listings, lots of sellers have abandoned ship and even more have been thrown off of the ship. So bucket's should not be a problem for them on a routine basis.

If I were ebay I would be like bring it on, if you have buckets to fill and dump on my site, I can get you a huge bucket. Most companies are in it to make $$$$ so they would not limit their intake. I have NEVER EVER heard of such.

Also, as far as ebay changing anything, they change all of the time. Gosh, I wish they would sometimes give us a break from the changes, good or bad ones (just a little one).

As far as ebay catering to user base I am finding ebay a much easier pill to swallow lately than I ever have. Their customer service has become GREAT. You can actually talk to a human normally in less then 3 minutes. And shockingly that person seems to have removed their bucket head and can respond with some type of sensible answer.

Again, my claim to fame is for sure not a techie, however, I do have enough business and common sense to know that most companies do not limit their buckets so that people can't use them when each person that hits the door throws money at them.

Now. . if auctiva is willing to put out money for larger buckets, if this bucket theory is correct, that is different story.

Auctiva do we need larger buckets? Is the bucket theory correct or is this an problem on auctiva end as auctiva note on boards implied. Does auctiva need a larger bucket? From ebay, from other sources?

Thanks for your input.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.