Skip to main content

Reply to "Again with late listing"

quote:
Originally posted by itsjustme:
Dirk. If your bucket theory were true, then auctiva could add buckets.

i have longtime experience in data networking and here is my analogy; when there is too much traffic on a highway and there is a bottleneck every day then the city or state improves the infrastructure by adding additional lanes and expanding the highway. Magically additional lanes allows more traffic to flow.
A few years ago it seems Auctiva managed the traffic much better. Its no secret to those of who have been here a while that the user base seems to have diminished substantially (as evidenced by the lack of participation on forums and the disappearance of many forum activists).

What concerns me and may legitimize what you say, Dirk, is that since the acquisition by Alibaba some servers may have been retired and/or perhaps the network itself was downsized. Those are tremendous cost savings measures for Auctiva.

The question is (much like the post outage feedback and requests):
Auctiva how is this to be prevented from happening again? What measures is Auctiva taking?

Well... I am leaning towards the above reply as the truth of the matter.

I launch each listing one by one from the SAVED screen... so I KNOW it is posted to ebay at the time I do it. Yes it takes longer but then I KNOW it is posted correctly.

I would schedule listings for 9:30-10PM east coast time and MAYBE it would be listed by 11-12PM or maybe not... or maybe not at all. I just do not use this SCHEDULE feature as it is broken.

I suspect Auctiva has less developers doing coding or else this would be working within 30 days of detection.

Overall... Auctiva is the only game in town for me. I need EASY and professional looking listings on ebay... and I don't need to know HTML.

If I get stuck, then I usually get a same day HELP reply from Auctiva.

There are more glitches it seems... such as weird things going on with photos not showing up on ebay. And then a while back I had Media listings not showing up with the catalog so I was charged full price for the listing by ebay. But they seem to fix issues like these in a reasonable period of time.

What is annoying is I like to launch at around 7PM ebay time weekdays... and the screens are slow loading.... very slow loading some nights and it drives me nuts. I have a fast cable connection so I know it is not me. I had to add some photos the other night and I just gave up.

I don't remember having a slow loading page problem when Auctiva was a FREE service... so what has changed? Less servers? Most every seller on ebay was using Auctiva when it was a FREE service... and there was seldom a server problem.

Another thought is that these servers are now OFFSHORE and Auctiva has no control? We get what we get... for scheduling... and that is it?

So I am happy with Auctiva most of the time... but I wish they would FIX all the features I am paying for in my monthly fee. It would be nice to use the Schedule feature on these specials.

Maybe they need to hire a new developer that can fix that section of code for Scheduling? Or maybe they need some more servers? They need to at least NOTIFY us when there is a problem or is going to be a problem. Cool
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.