Skip to main content

Reply to "Alert: Site Maintenance Mnnday, March 6"

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Kitty:
Hey People-

for all of you yelling that we should shut up and just take this total imcompetence and lack of respect for people's business because this is a free service to some- why don't you go back and take a look at your listings!

DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD GIVE THIS AWAY IF THERE WERN'T A BENEFIT TO THEM???

Look at all the advertising space you are giving them in your listing. IT IS A TRADE OFF! They give it away free to most in order to advertise to get the paying customers.

I have a goddamn right to bitch. I don't run auctions. I couldn't plan in advance for this and not have any listings. I run an ebay store and have almost 800 items that run ALL THE TIME (NOT AUCTIONS-GTC)and most HAD no pictures for more than a day. I didn't lose just a sale or 2. I lost dozens and, more, importantly, I lost customers who will never be back because they weren't able to see my merchandise. They were down last week also!

If I had ever thought of going to their pay service- Hey Auctiva- BITE ME- HELLO MARKETWORKS

To the brilliant one with the foresight who said "don't put all your eggs in one basket" You know what- gee maybe some of us actually relied upon Auctiva, maybe some of us thought they would have a back-up, maybe some of us don't have the time to research ther "baskets."
or MAYBE
you are ......

How exactly did you expect them to "have a back-up"? I've only been here for a few months, but Anyone who's been with Auctiva for any length of time knows that this is not a huge corporation with unlimited funds. They can't just spend thousands of dollars on "back-up servers". I accept the fact that Auctiva is sort of a work in progress because, quite frankly, it's the best I've found so far, and that includes the pay sites. More than that, though, the support folks here are great, and display a real desire to make Auctiva the best that it can be.

Anyone who visits the site regularly has had ample warning of the move. There was a big red button on the main page, for crying out loud. You could have hosted your pictures on a free service (like Photobucket) like so many others did.

Auctiva needed to make this move to alleviate the growing problems with bandwidth, so this was going to happen sooner or later.

The only folks I have any real sympathy for are the paying Auctiva customers who use the offline lister, as it seems they genuinely got forgotten in all of this. I agree that Auctiva may have dropped the ball there.
Last edited by creativenotions
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.