Skip to main content

Reply to "All 300 of my Images are Missing from my Ebay Auctions...HELP!"

Hi Ken,

I had our engineering team investigate your report and, unfortunately, the images you are referring to are no longer located on our servers, so there isn't anything we can do to restore them. We do not automatically remove images from the accounts of our customer's, so you must have deleted them from your Auctiva account without knowing that would cause them to be removed from any active listings they were being used in. As Jeff said, you may have deleted them as long as 10 days ago.

The reason the header/gallery images still show up in your scrolling gallery is because those are the smaller copies that were generated specifically for that purpose, and they were not removed when the original images were deleted from your "Manage Images" page. For future reference, if you delete images from your "Manage Images" page, they will be removed from our servers in approximately 7 days and, at that point, they would no longer be visible in any active listings they may have previously been present in.

In any event, since these images are no longer available in your listings, to restore them, you would need to re-upload them into your Auctiva account and then revise each item to point to the new image URL's. Assuming copies of these items are still available on the Saved Listings page within your Auctiva account, you will be able to revise each via the following process:

1) Locate your listing in your Saved Listings folder, make any necessary changes, and save.
2) Click the "<HTML> icon to the right of the item on your "Saved Listings" page
3) Select All and copy the html in the popup window.
4) Locate the item on eBay and click the "Revise Item" button.
5) Scroll down to the "Description" section and then click the "HTML" tab above the description editor.
6) Delete the existing description HTML, paste the copied HTML in its place, and save your changes.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support department using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.