Skip to main content

Reply to "ALL!! Check your Listing Images, Changing Order when Posting on Bay NO Notifications"

All,

I want to clarify a bit as to what our code fix accomplished yesterday.

Regarding errors mentioned by itsjustme and LCD, these are caused by a different problem from the one that Vickie had reported and that our code fix addressed. The problems reported by LCDdesigns and itsjustme are not fixable by us, as the errors are occurring on the eBay side.

Here is a more complete explanation from Mike D, or Customer Support Manager.

"Itsjustme and LCDdesigns are referring to a different but related problem, which is this: eBay's system occasionally sends emails to users indicating that errors were encountered when attempting to generate the gallery images for listings.

In most cases, these errors occur when items are re-listed and the URLs cited in the emails are eBay hosted image URLs because eBay already made a copy of the Gallery Image on their servers to be used as the Gallery Image when the product was originally posted, prior to the relist in question. We are in the process of compiling examples of this behavior so we (Auctiva) can file a our own support case with eBay about it.

In most of these cases that we have seen, the Gallery Images for which the problem was reported ARE there when we review the seller's search results page, so I think eBay most likely has some retry logic in place that gets the Gallery Images generated eventually after the initial errors."

I hope this helps clarify the information we have and what we are doing about these additional problems.

UPDATE TO ABOVE: I have received word that eBay has now acknowledged this additional problem by posting about it in one of the forums they use to communicate with 3rd party developers. They have not given an ETA yet. Hopefully, they will correct the problem, or post an ETA soon. If I receive any more information about this issue, I will post about it in this thread.
Last edited by auctivatonym
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.