Skip to main content

Reply to "All Images Failing - anyone else?"

Hi Folks,

I ran some tests this morning.

I was able to routinely get the error "The server attempted to redirect you, but server redirects are not supported." with Firefox on more than a dozen attempts. Of 32 standard files for upload (my test group), the failure was randomly occurring, but usually between the 3rd and 6th image. I was unable to repeat the problem with IE7. I also tried Safari and achieved the exact same failing message, so it's not just a Firefox problem. Safari has worked perfectly for me in the past.

My prior suggestion had no effect on fixing Firefox.

In checking Google for that exact message, it appears to be a well discussed problem at the Aurigma site for the uploader. Some of the discussion points to Authentication Cookie expiration. There are several related threads on the subject.

Recent changes on my desktop do include update to the most recent releases of Firefox and Java. Since the bug is consistent with Safari, Java might be involved. However, the discussion at Aurigma appears to suggest the problem as server.

Sorry I haven't had the chance to test earlier.

Danno

Edit: Clearing the Firefox cache, cookies, etc. for "Clear Privacy Data" does not fix the problem.

My Java Console log at trace level 5 shows this typical sequence with the ###Error occured### posting after acknowledgement of the message.

Uploading to http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUpload.aspx
Setting HTTP params: Host=www.auctiva.com
Cookies:[ASP.NET_SessionId=r1ff4z3nql5lha45yeyi0irl]
Starting upload
Status =[200]
Uploading to http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUpload.aspx
Setting HTTP params: Host=www.auctiva.com
Cookies:[ASP.NET_SessionId=r1ff4z3nql5lha45yeyi0irl]
Starting upload
###Error occured###
Status=[ERROR]
Progress=[0]
ValueMax=[0]
Value=[11]
[ErrorPage]

For clarification, I am using the standard site method to login with "Remember me".
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.