Skip to main content

Reply to "An Open Letter to Auctiva"

I've only been using Auctiva a few days. It is a great service in as much as it is free. If we had to pay, wouldn't everyone be using another listing service by now? Probably. Last night, after spending 3 days compiling and testing listings, I chose 10.00pm (GMT+1h) to upload to eBay. Low and behold, at that precise moment the server went down, again. (I shouldn't have to use the word 'again' as a new customer). What I really only needed from Auctiva was the image 'supersizing'. I don't care for the store window and scheduling, so I'm going to create my own image zooming service just for me, and use the regular eBay 'Sell an Item' form. I don't sell much on eBay, but if you list high value items starting at 99p, to a regular customer base, you just can't afford to lose the bids when your listings go down. Auctiva will have a problem cutting it with the other listing companies, even if it remains free, unless they change their name and come back with a reliable service that everyone can praise for it's new, and upgraded service. They could even try charging a nominal fee to see who their so-called, 'die-hard' fans are!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.