Skip to main content

Reply to "Announcing: BattleBids.com the fun way to bid on eBay"

Speaking of cache and what's running in the background of eBay that our members might not know about...

The instructions below will still speed up page loads on category and search results pages...

It will suppress many eBay errors that interfere with your daily activities. It will have no adverse affects on any other site. You'll be amazed to see how many items are running in the background of eBay and to add more items to an auction to slow it down? Not what I want.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=rockboss2000

The idea of using coding where we the user of Auctiva so chooses by manually grabbing the code is great. That way we have control over what content goes into our auctions.

My template is optimized for fast loading. I've tested it outside of eBay, too...without all the gooble-dee-goop thats added in.

Tweaking these controls does work and this page has been around for years...it's not new news.

I'm not in this for a debate.

Do whatever works for you the seller.

All I'm saying is just keep the automated stuff out of my auctions or give me the knowledge long before implementation so I may tweak my setting with Auctiva to have or not have whatever the latest "insertion" will be.

Or better yet, give me the code and let me decide what I want in my auctions and where I want it placed.

I understand that Auctiva is here to make money..but the ethical solution would've been to NOT change my preferences without my permission and to NOT add something to my hundreds of auctions unless I wanted this addition.

I've long been a cheerleader for Auctiva and it's services...check my record. However, I just went through this same scenario with Auctiva and the freaking public counters.

I had appended public counters to NO..then months later for some reason and I've yet to have a satisfactory answer of how it happened from customer service. I wake to find that the public counters auto-added to my auctions.

Not one auction, not 10, not 50, not 100, but HUNDREDS of auctions, and without my permission.

This happened after I made the extra effort to NOT have the public counters used on my auctions.

I do NOT want this to happen again where I wake up and find something auto-inserted into my auctions when I specifically set up my preferences to NOT have them. Or to find that an item was auto-inserted by Auctiva changing during the addition of a product that I might or might not want.

This is my two cents.

Best of luck to all,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.