Skip to main content

Reply to "Announcing: BattleBids.com the fun way to bid on eBay"

Adding BattleBids to auctions automatically is probably not something we would do at least at this point. However as I noted utilizing this form of entertainment for marketing purposes has tremendous potential. Thus if it grows in varied ways to become marketing effective having the option to add it to all items or to categories of items would be a suggested feature.

As I noted I have not yet added it to some listings so I am not aware of the file size of the FLA's.

Certainly dial up modem users might loose out on a bid due to lengthy load times of any content be it BattleBids or as Jeff noted graphics content, people putting .mid's in listings etc. It might be a good idea to put some sort of bandwidth measurement in place as a front end gig with ASP where it'd bootstrap load a BattleBids game if band width meets a certain requirement. I suppose something similar could be done at "near auction end. Thus a vendor could set a global in their settings that is essentially a watermark of time remaining that a listing is live and control BattleBids instancing based on it. So perhaps in the last 5 minutes of listings the vendor decides they do not wish BattleBids to appear in listings. Just a thought.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.