Skip to main content

Reply to "Any other Shooting Star users here?"

Thanks all, for your replies. I didn't intend to start a discussion of the merits of products that compete directly with the Auctiva Free service. On these boards, that would be ingracious.

I wasn't aware that Auctiva had a product, eBud, that competes directly with SS. My mistake (I would never say anything as trendy as "my bad"...that would hurt my hard-earned reputation as an irascible curmudgeon). It's my desire to stick with Auctiva and provide constructive critical feedback for the mutual benefit of all.

eBud itself looks interesting. I must have seen it but passed over it in the past, probably due to the cost (as my SS is bought and paid for) but upon examination it obviously has more features than SS. I know some of you use it. Does it automtically remind you when a auction transaction has been "stuck" in one stage (such as "waiting for payment") past a certain time limit? I couldn't discern from the tour. I hope to try the demo at some point when I have a little more time.

It's heartening to hear that features of eBud will be in the next release. Tt: I appreciate the difference in your attentiveness vs. SD. I also appreciate how proud you are of your product.

A tip from an old geezer, though: Pride goeth before the fall. Keep watching your back, the competition is a dedicated foe.

CB
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.