Skip to main content

Reply to "Are Page Load Delays Due to Scripts Ever Going to Get Better????"

I am also having headache causing issues with Auctiva scripts and if you reckon 15-20 seconds is bad, try 5-15 minutes!
This is wholely an Auctiva problem (eBay works fine for me) I have been an internet junkie since the early 90's and spend several hours every day surfing the net and fully utilize a lot of sites. Auctiva is by far the worst by a long way for operational lock-ups.
More than 50% of the time when Auctiva processes the most critical operations like saving listings, posting to eBay etc it will lock-up for a long time at numerous points. At not so critical processes it's just a matter of reloading the page (up to 5 times or more) to get it past the lock-up.
The most common hang-ups are waiting for...
google-analytics.com
ajax.googleapis.com
and www.auctiva.com itself

now you say that the first two are google sites - well yes they are but auctiva.com is 1 of only 2 sites out of hundreds that I use that hang-up when trying to access those sites

I also get so frustrated by sites that are trying to be too smart for their own good. Just because you can, doesn't mean you must

If your using FireFox then one of the best plugins is 'Flasblock'
It blocks all those irritating and somewhat useless flash graphics from displaying. Instead it just creates the outline box that the flash takes up and the flash logo inside with a play button. If you want to see that flash gfx then just click that button - it's awesome!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.