Skip to main content

Reply to "Attention TOM or anyone in CS"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
quote:
FWIW, the site is much faster than Auctiva currently is.
That's easy when you turn off every feature on the site and nobody can get to it. Lol. I dont think it's faster because of people putting in IP's into their HOSTS file. It think it's faster because most buyers browsing eBay cant see the photos and other things that would normally be slowing it down.

I would be curious if once you remove those host file entries if it stays the same speed.

We've got 16 more dual xeon servers being installed in about 2 weeks. Just as soon as they're delivered. Things aren't all that slow now, but I'm pretty sure that we're going add at lesat 1 more webserver for people using our site to build listings and such. Also we have some things doubled up that we'll put on their own servers. Most of the day the CPU's on our machines are fine. They get a little busy around 7pm, but still have some kick left in them. I'm sure it'll get a little faster. I guess we'll see though and you guys can tell me if you notice the difference when we put them in. That's the real test.

The 'other place' is constantly timing out. It is the only website I go to that does this. I have yet, to have a problem 'speed' wise with, Auctiva. More servers? Faster, you say?

Yippie! Go, Auctiva! Smile
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.