Skip to main content

Reply to "attention! urgent! virus on auctiva.com; Trojan-Clicker.HTML.IFrame.kr"

Hi Folks,

I just got news from a Seller friend that attempting to use System Restore was blocked by the malware. In their case, they waited too long and the malware had corrupted the system to the point that they had to work with Norton over the phone to get the malware removed. Their Norton AV had been giving alerts for two days.

(Note: I shut my system down within minutes of detecting the infection and got it off the net before it got to that condition.)

Norton told them they are "swamped" with cases, and it sounds like it may be more than just Auctiva under attack.

Danno

Edit: It looks like Google rescanned the site in the last hour. Their Safe Browsing page shows this update.

Of the 49 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-02-22, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-02-21.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.