Skip to main content

Reply to "attention! urgent! virus on auctiva.com; Trojan-Clicker.HTML.IFrame.kr"

I'll tell you why I'M whining, and HOW my computer was impacted.
I went to the site, got the google warning and it stopped me dead in my tracks. SO, I backdoored my way into the community forum to find out what the problem was. This was Saturday and the notice said they had "found the problem" and it would be fixed by Saturday afternoon. I cleared my cache, etc., assuming that I was probably getting an old warning. Mind you, I've NEVER had a warning from GOOGLE regarding the trust issues of ANY site, so I really thought auctiva had it under control and google was just splashing up a screen due to server loss of auctiva.
I still got the warning. Later that evening, I went back to the forum, and found that tech support had again said they were aware of the problem, that it was a few servers down, and the issue was in the MIDDLE of being fixed.
There was absolutely NO mention of a virus on their news thread. There WAS mention of it by some users, but I assumed the users were getting the same thing I was getting. There was my first problem: Assuming that auctiva REALLY DID have it under control, and google was over-reacting with some new "add-on" page. Trusting Auctiva, I continued through ALL the virus pages from google (bottom right- trust this site and ignore warning- or something to that effect). I ended up IN auctiva's site where I could view pics and see the little red box at the top of my screen. I was a little scared that I was warned so many times as I went into the site. So, I checked the red box at the top of Auctiva again. Still the same thing-server down, we're working to fix it-.
OK-so this virus thing is bogus, and it's just a server thing. I HAVE to get things listed...ALL my pictures are up on auctiva, etc. You know, the same old thing: I have to pay my bills, so I will hustle through all this BS.
NOT! BTW, I DO have the AVAST 4.8 home edition that is consistently updated. AVAST never detected anything until I was OFF the website.
My screen went BLACK and blinked off and on, and my hard drive was making a loud grinding noise.
HAD AUCTIVA TOLD US, EVEN HINTED TO US, THAT THEIR SITE REALLY WAS COMPROMISED by HACKING and their LOYAL CUSTOMERS SHOULD STAY AWAY UNTIL THEY EMAILED US THAT it was TOTALLY Fixed!!!!
I think I have every reason to add my story to the forum on how auctiva SCREWED up. Every single time they have a problem, they take the eBay way out, of "cut and paste: We know there is a problem, things are slow, we are working to fix it, we will be back up at so-and-so time". Shut down the site, give us real answers and YOU deal with the repercussions, Auctiva...NOT us. Confused
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.