Skip to main content

Reply to "attention! urgent! virus on auctiva.com; Trojan-Clicker.HTML.IFrame.kr"

Hi Laura

Took me ages to find this message. I'd forgotten where i'd posted! lol

yup, FozzyBear is me, and that description is me all over! I was on a site called Feesch for many years (chat forum site) and many on there would say that description of me was perfect! Especially the bad jokes!

As for Downloading the Anti Virus and other security software, they are from safe sources so you shouldn't need to scan them with your current anti virus. Though it has been known for Anti Virus software to flag rivals as potentially harmful in the past!

You will need to uninstall your existing security software. This can either be done by going to Start/Programs then the name of your software and using the softwares own uninstaller or by going to Start/Control Panel/Add-remove software and clicking the uninstall button on the relevant software.

ZoneAlarm will tell you it can not detect any anti Virus software when you have AVG installed, kind of a case like that, but its only their way of trying to scare you into paying for their full product which has anti Virus. No need to when both free versions work so well together. AVG also has its own firewall on the paid version.

An Anti virus programme is only as strong as its weakest link - the pc user - same with firewalls and anti spy/adware. Its quite easy to bypass their protection and infect yourself. Most common way is via infected software cd's and USB storage devices. If you don't scan them first, they get in easily. Zipped/Compressed files can also hide some virus's so its wise to download only from known safe sources. Or use a secondary hard drive as a test bed for opening the files. at least then u dont lose your operating sysem should one pop up.

I don't use p2p file sharing networks as they are the worst spreaders of virus's and other problems. Kazaa and Limewire are among the worst ive come across for this by experience of sorting out others pc's. Official ones like BBC's iPlayer are safe (so far).

Using 3 Anti Virus programs as someone said is no guarantee of safer security, in fact, it could compromise security by causing conflicts with the programs and so ending up not scanning properly. Even worse is having more than one firewall on the same pc. It can stop some programs from running, cause others to crash and once you have fiddled around with the various settings to try and allow programs to access the internet through all the firewalls, u run the risk of opening holes in your security so you may as well have none running.

Its possible you may be infected so get the software running asap. also, in the news section there is a list of what to do and how to do it from the tech guys on Auctiva. they recommend Avast Anti virus because it picks up something the others didn't - that was about a week ago now - so AVG should be up to date. Always set your Anti virus to update at least one a day anyway. It may be worth as a precaution downloading Avast, running the scan, deal with any infection, then uninstall and install AVG. run a full scan again. Though as i say, its highly likely AVG will be up to date with whatever Avast was picking up.

I will be sending out your purchase on Monday too, ty for buying :). Ive just listed some St Patricks Day and St Georges Day stock and will shortly be doing some Easter too, not that im advertising or touting for business. lol

Anyway, i hope this helps. if you need any advice just fozzybear@ymail.com click here to email me.

Good luck and hopefully u will be virus free Smile
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.