Skip to main content

Reply to "Auction terms - how much should be said?"

I am thinking about shipping worldwide too. I just haven't got the grasp of what all is involved. I have read some opinions where people say it just isn't worth the hassle, and then if anything goes wrong, all the waiting and paperwork, customs, etc. Still others say you will get more bids and usually a higher ending price.

As to cheaper shipping I used Parcel Post to send a cd player to a customer in NY who used buy it now on May 22nd. I shipped the same day and he didn't receive it until over a month later. I will never use Parcel Post again for this reason. It's a horribly SLOW method.

He was thinking I scammed him. I sent the delivery confirmation # and after a week or so he said this: "The usps.com website has been static (stuck) showing tracking number 0307 3330 0002 1319 6650 as "accepted" in Milton, FL since May 22nd. I suspect a bogus tracking number, or a serious tracking problem at the United States Post Office. Please either RESOLVE this issue, or refund my money. Thank you"

I kindly replied that USPS tracking is unlike Ups or Fedex where they literally track from location to location. He didn't realize that. It is annoying that they call it tracking when it is not.

But he was extremely patient and in the end left a positive as did I.
Last edited by wesm
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.