Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva Developers: Please let me pick photos that are not click to enlarge"

quote:
Maybe you should consider that some of your users are not dumbbells. Many of us give our photos unique names and many of us keep our jpg size small.
So can I give the tens of thousands of users that would file support cases your email address for support? If so I can probably have us change that in our next release. Smile

Seriously though I've been doing this for over 8 years now. I started Auctiva in late March 98. All of our procuts until now did things the other way. It's a ton of support. Constant support. And on top of that we lose users who can't figure things out. They don't file support cases, blame us, and leave to never come back.

If you create your own template you can do whatever you want with your images. We're not limiting you there. We have a pretty powerful templating system that will let you do just about anything you can imagine.

As to the image naming issue it's working great overall. We've considered adding a feature to not rename them for those interested. It's not a priority though and the way I understand it from the programmers is it would be a pretty big project. It would have the chance to cause current users some grief as well since it's in so many areas of the site something could be missed. If we have any free time left before lauching our next release in February someone may check into it. It's on a wishlist and any time we have a little extra time we review that list and do a few of them. That one is a bigger one though.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.