Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva Insurance"

quote:
Originally posted by BTPS:
One thing I will say - U-PIC is NOT registered in the state of Colorado and according to the Insurance Commissioners office here that is NOT ALLOWED. They being the insurance agent can not sell to folks that live in this state - not legally anyway.

Wrong. U-PIC holds a Marine license. Therefore; they do not need to be licensed in every State.

quote:
Originally posted by BTPS:
DID you know that it's against ebay rules to charge a little extra?
WOW pointed this out to me just the other day -

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-shipping.html
"Sellers offering insurance may only charge the actual fee for insurance. No additional amount may be added, such as “self-insurance”. Sellers who do not use a licensed 3rd party insurance company may not require buyers to purchase insurance. This is a violation of state law. "

Wrong again. I found out about this last week. eBay has added this rule in their shipping area. You are purchasing insurance via a licensed agent, therefore; you are fine. This should actually bring us additional business. eBay is now saying they forbid sellers to charge for insurance and pocket the premiums if they do NOT have a license or do not buy through a licensed provider (which our sellers do when they purchase Auctiva Shipping Insurance).

I think people are looking for reasons why our business model will not work... especially our competitors as they are getting pretty concerned with our success.

Bill Belcamino
COO - Auctiva
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.