Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva is getting cool, but..."

quote:
Originally posted by dmhcollectibles:
there are still lots of areas in the country where it's not yet available, or only available through AOHell, which is just about the same thing.

Know what? In the areas that persons think that AOhell is their only option, there are more that those people didn't even consider or search out.

There's copper.net, peoplepc.com, netzero.com, etc etc. AND for half the price!

I just don't understand it myself. Same internet, why pay twice the price if not more for dialup.

I guess they need to make up for the money they spend sending out those flippin FREE trial CDs that are everywhere AND come to my home and Post Office on a regular base that they need to charge so much. I started two and a half years ago putting return to sender/refused on the AOHell CDs.

CNBC did an expose
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/06/aol_cnbc.html

Cable modem is great and I can't imagine living without a fast internet connection now.

Road runner has implemented a roadrunner lite which I'm thinking of going with...14.95 a month. It's DSL speed which is fine with me. A song it takes me less than a minute to get will be two minutes. <shrug> That's not much of a difference. I do wonder if it'll drag down our networked family computers and the customer service couldn't answer yes or not to that question.

DMH as far as the phone. We all have our own cell phones on a family plan...so I booted my phone service down to a 7.20 a month pkg.

It's not advertised here in Florida...at all! DUH! It's 30 phone calls a month out on the line. I checked last month and there were less than 15 calls placed out on the home line. Everyone calls us on our individual cell phones and we definitely call out using the cell phones.

Can you believe that? All the bells and whistles aren't important to me on the phone line for an outrageous price. <shrug> The only person that calls that line anymore is my father as he doesn't trust talking to me on a, what he calls, "walk around phone." <smile> Plus, I want to have a landline for hurricane season. When the multitude of hurricanes came through...we lost towers out this way and couldn't use our cells. We had to drive 10 miles in towards town to get a signal until the home line worked which wasn't that long..a couple of days tops.

Check out that package if you're with Verizon. I'd go with the Verizon DSL if it were out here in BFE. <smile>

Later,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.