Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva Mentioned in TAG notes: Sniper Service"

quote:
I'd be willing to bet that at least 30-40% of the auctions on eBay in one way or another break their rules. Either via paypal,linking to their site, email address size, etc, etc. And it's been like this forever.

Links to their business site, links to their web page, links to their family's sites (yeah, I did it, but it only lasted for like four auctions til I got busted!) Everything I got warned about is on zillions of auctions, probably a lot more than 30-40%.

I don't mind sniping somebody out of something; I don't mind somebody sniping my auctions either. I want whoever is willing to pay the most to buy it.

The idea that everybody who sells on eBay reads every rule is ludicrous and they know that. The number of people who know ALL eBay's TOS has got to be maybe in the hundreds. If I stay off the announcement boards and chat boards, I'm a whole lot better off. That way I don't KNOW that I'm breaking a rule, so I don't have to worry about it. Which I truly didn't until they started enforcing the "no links off the auction page" when I linked my web page to my auctions and when I put in links to friends who had auctions (and I STILL don't understand why that's illegal; it SELLS more stuff which makes more MONEY for eBAY!) But I took my web page link off my auctions and put it on About Me. So nobody EVER sees it, which is probably okay. I don't have time to work on it anymore.

But.....that service box has appended to the first auction I've put up in two weeks. I think it's linked to updating the showcase.

HELP?
Jan
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.