Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva Outage Over This Past Weekend"

Right, we did not expect an IT person to quit working and head over to forumville. I would assume there were people manned there that were not IT personnel that would have a cell phone that they could post from, or at least make a phone call to non-site personnel to post or a wireless card, something that they could access a forum on.

We did eventually get notification through the forums, so how did they get on at that point, as we were not back up for many hours after that posting? I know for myself I have had internet outages before but took the time to get myself to the library so that I could use the internet to communicate with the people so kind to buy from me. Have gone to neighbors and IN desperation have pulled up at hotel and used their network.

Could we be enlightened at some point on what the new communication system will be. How we will know that you are aware there is a problem. Some found information on facebook and twitter. . frankly I do not find having to sign up for those services and be friends to be a solution, but is better than nothing.

I just do not understand what the problem with posting on forums is if everyone could get on it and eventually auctiva did get on but the problem still existed.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I would like to know that next round I will know where to go and get information. Kind of like a fire drill, we need to be prepared and know where to go.

I would like to think this outage would NEVER ever occur again, but not one soul can guarantee that so we need to be prepared in case.

For some reason I would guess that no one even thought about communicating the information and now we are filibustering rather than just saying, it never crossed our mind. Could very well be wrong. . but since someone did eventually get on . sure makes me wonder. Normally a note or familiar name on the forums is reassuring. . . but in this case I had no idea who was writing and did not feel overly reassured by the writer.

I am sorry if you feel you are being beat to death with this, but I find the answers about future issues and plans very vague. . very vague and while you can't change the past we need to plan for the future.

Thanks.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.