Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva PLEASE step up"

Hi Taz, just went to see your eBay posts, now I see it was pulled.

Although I only started on these boards this year I founnd that as I got more into being active the more it seemed that I like yourself and other regulars are doing Auctiva's clearing up particularly on the eBay pulling listings for hijack checks front. And I have never had any response from Auctiva when I have complained about Auctiva not warning new clients about this.

Yes, many new starters try and run before they can walk, will not read the tutorials and unfortunately read Auctiva's many occurences of 'Easy' on the home page without realisng it is relatively easy for a person with software engineering experience but not easy for most people. I would particularly cite the use of profiles, seller details and templates which are straightforward when you consider how they all work together but most users do not need or want to know like many car drivers regard their vehicles.

Although the user front end of Auctiva is one of the best it is not fully in line with XP and onwards Microsoft Windows design guidelines of being task orientated. They appear to me to be almost as Win98/NT applications in the way menus and pages are shown, I don't mean the fancy styling adopted for XP and Vista I mean the path a user takes with them.

They currently demand knowledge of knowing where you are going to achieve your goal rather than guiding you through the steps required to achieve what you want.

So until this is addressed (user interfaces being one of the most difficult features to get spot-on) work for volunteers like yourself is likely to increase.

I must admit I have been rather busy lately and have not been on here much but it amazes me how many questions re-occur to the extent of almost needing my own set of stock answers to hand. This is all wrong and does get more than a little frustrating at times answering the same questions over and over again.

Trouble is I like to help others as you do so one needs to keep cool and remember the old saying which sounds appropriate for the the guy you spent several hours with, "empty barrels make the most noise". Smile
Last edited by choochooguy
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.