Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva PLEASE step up"

Hi Jeff, yes it is rather a Catch 22 situation I for one would rather features were added at this time rather than a new format to contend with.

Recent updates like scheduled relisting have blended well into the existing format which is much appreciated.

I am well aware of the dangers of changing front ends and when you are dealing with a moving target like eBay and no doubt a degree of Microsoft OS changes to be wary of then it is a potential minefield and could break an excellent tool set.

Will have to put on my thinking cap when creating listings but a change to task orientated menus from the present style would be a costly major overhaul. My personal preference is the current format but like Microsoft developing Windows, without Windows PC's would not be in such extensive use as they are now if we were still in the dark old days of DOS.

Regarding mixed abilities some front ends get around this by having two, e.g. classic/"task orientated" or standard/advanced which would keep both camps happy only snag is of course maintaining two interfaces in synch with functionality. Unfortunately this would result in increased maintenance costs.

You are probably aware of all this anyway, meantime, thanks for the reply. Cool
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.