Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva Site Crawling"

Hi tippiejax,

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the support you have received with this issue but we have been doing our best to help you out with the situation. While I understand that you may not be having problems with other sites, we cannot reproduce the behavior you have described from our end and there are not any known technical issues that would account for that problem.

Since our service is web based, most undesirable behavior users experience that we are unable to reproduce are caused by something on the user's browser that interfering with some aspect of our software, such as temporary internet files (cache) or plug ins which users may or may not know are even installed.

When we are dealing with an issue of this nature, a common first step in the troubleshooting process is to have the user try doing the same thing with a different browser as this will suggest whether the problem is specific to something on one browser or being caused by something else that would impact mulitple browser. This is often a very important step toward identifying a solution to this problem.

If you are simply not willing to try using Firefox for whatever reason and would prefer to stick with Internet Explorer, we can certainly continue working with you under that condition but it would really be helpful if you could try the other browser to see how your experience differs when doing so.

In the event that you would like to stay focused on Internet Explorer for the moment, the next thing I would recommend trying if you have not done so already is clearing your cache and restoring your default browser settings, which can be done via the following process in Internet Explorer 7.0 & 8.0:

1) Clear your cache: select “Internet Options” from the “Tools” menu. Then, under the “General” tab, click the “Delete” button. Click the box next to the “Cookies” and “Temporary Internet Files” buttons on the ensuing page, followed by “Delete” then “OK”.

2) Restore your Advanced Settings: Select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu and click the "Advanced" tab. Then, click the "Restore Advanced Settings" button, followed by "Apply" then "OK"

After making these adjustments, close your IE web browser and re-open it for the new settings to take effect.

If you continue to encounter the same behavior of getting bounced back to the start page after that, the next thing I recommend doing that may resolve the problem for you is using the "Reset" option within Internet Explorer, which can be done via the following process:

1) Select "Internet Options" from the IE "Tools" menu
2) Click the "Advanced" tab
3) Click the grey "Reset" button
4) Close and reopen your browser.

Using the reset option will cause you to lose any passwords or other information that is stored within your browser to be lost, similar to if you were to uninstall and reinstall the browser. However, if you continue to face the problem after clearing your cache and restoring your advanced settings, I believe it is a good next step to try.

If you continue to experience this problem after you have gone through the recommendations I have outlined here, I recommend following up with us through the support case you already have going about this and we'll be happy to continue working with you through that medium.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.