Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva site slowness - FIXED!"

Hi itsjustme,

Having read this thread, and knowing that you have reported slowness of our site, I took this beyond our support team and asked our IT infrastructure manager who runs our data center and network operations if he would investigate a little further.

He explained that that we monitor our bandwidth usage ongoing, and we are using less than half of the network bandwidth capacity that we have. We simply are not constrained by network bandwidth.

So, the next step is to look at what happens to network traffic flowing back and forth between you and us. He spent some time and found that the data signal goes through the hops...e.g. routers, switches, etc getting from you to us and vice versa. The observed times were all normal at each hop--10 to 20 milliseconds--until he got to your ISP, RoadRunner. Then the times he observed began to almost treble...in the range of 77 to 87 milliseconds.

His conclusion is that your ISP has some issues that are slowing data traffic between you and us. He did a Google search of specific Roadrunner hops and found several references on dslreports.com to slowness on Roadrunner, so this may be a wider problem for them.

He stressed to me that we are not in a position to say that the entire issue lies with your ISP, but we believe a good portion of it is.

There can be issues also with your physical connection to the ISP...for example if you have a local router, firewall, etc that has some setting that is askew, it could slow things down further. It is beyond our ability to determine or troubleshoot that.

So..our bottom line is...we found no evidence of any lack of capacity at our end. We did find solid evidence of a slowdown occurring in your ISP. Other than passing this information along to you, there is not much else we can do, unfortunately.

Sorry I don't have better news, but we do take reports like yours seriously, as we want you to have a good experience using our site.

Boz,

FYI...I don't want you to feel left out...the username you are using on the forum doesn't matchup with any Auctiva id, so unfortunately we couldn't locate you. We had planned to look at your network connection the same as we did for itsjustme.
Last edited by auctivatonym
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.