Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva Staff Selling Competition"

so far only viewed #13-24 & #6. from the ones i've looked at, the ones i'd buy (if i was going to buy) would be #21 or #13. 21 has a satisfaction guarantee, s/h is resonable, ad is eye-catching, description tells me most everything i'd want to know. 13 has nice look to it and most info would like to know, except doesnt state return policy.

Another one I *might* consider buying is #14 simply because is super cheap and shipping is lower than what the PO will charge. but that's only if already knew what movie was about and was willing to take chance on not being widesreen format.

for visual impact, the clear winner is #6.

in my critiques, one of the things i mention is return policy (or lack of) as a customer, i always look for return policy. i've never returned anything bought on ebay, but i like to know up front if all sales final or if there's a return period. Dont get me wrong, i've often bought from people that say "all sales final", but am more willing to buy from those that have allow returns.

6 - wow! extremely eye catching and great template! the preview of movie takes forever to d/l and even with high speed net i wouldnt have bothered if it wasnt for being asked to review listings. great description on movie, but nothing about region coding, and rating (rating is in preview window, but not in descrip). no return policy stated. if starting price was lower, would consider buying this one.

13 - cute template, but pic is tiny. tells what movie is about. tells region coding, format, rating, and condition. doesnt say if all sales final or if returns allowed. all in all, pretty nice ad.

14 - dont care for brown, but template is cute for movie. is this region 0, 1, 2? widescreen or regular? R rated, PG, PG13, X? 2.95 for priority - a bargain on shipping! (esp. since PO will charge more than that. good for customer, bad for seller) what's return policy? what's guarantee? and what's the movie about??

15 - template is nice, good description but doesnt tell me region coding (and since ship worldwide, is important when it comes to dvds), no real TOS. and movie rating not listed.

16 - template okay, would look better if colors for store window matched template. no TOS, used ebay's prefilled which causes a big chunk of description to be in seperate area.

17 - too wide, have to scroll left and right. uses ebay's prefilled info which causes half of description stuff to be in seperate location (annoying & visually unappealing), TOS doesnt have about returns, guarantee, etc.

18 - tells me most everything i need to know about the dvd (movie description, rating, format, who's in it), but return policy? warranty? and $5 for media mail????? for that price I expect priority or at least first class mail. because of using ebay stock info, have to scroll down to see what movie is about. essentially description of listing is broken up and part in one place, part in another. if i hadnt scrolled, i wouldnt have seen the movie description. visua impact of listing - clean but nothing exciting.

19 - nice template - the lights are eye catching. good description, but no mention of region, return policy, format (widescreen or regular?), movie rating, etc.

20 - very nice looking ad (sharp looking template!) with good info (region, description, etc) is this "all sales final", 30-day returns if unopened? ? I do like that you offer first class mail.

21 - free shipping - that's nice touch. using own pic rather than ebay's stock photos - nice, but i really dont care to see your carpet Wink tells me region (thumbs up!), subtitles, return policy, the lights on border are eye catching and give a nice "movie theatre feel". Nice clean layout and easy to read.

22 - images way too tiny. description only says "Brand new dvd. unopened. widescreen version." what about the movie? what's it about? what are the TOS? what is your return policy?

23 - fairly clean listing, but what's the TOS? 30-day return? no returns? warranty?

24 - plain vanilla - *yawn!* in some ways it's nice cause no wait time for viewing, no long TOS, etc. BUT, doesnt tell me what the return policy is (if any), what the movie's about, what the region coding is, if it's widescreen or not, the movie rating, etc. and is visually unappealing.
Last edited by wayoutwest
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.