Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva--we are looking for a response"

Ed, are you saying that your response times are in seconds not minutes? As in 5-10 seconds to save a listing and begin a new one? How about their drop downs, or image selects? On Opera image selection is quite fast, on other browsers it crawls sometimes. While I don't live in a big city, we are not backwoods by any means, and as I have said, other auction sites which use their own software to upload are far quicker. The only saving grace is that TL is just as slow (I think I can mention them because Auctiva and Ebay are in bed together so to speak) and with that program you have to open and close it every 10-15 minutes as it does not release memory. I never seem to have the problem though that some have where listings do not load, though I don't know if they are scheduling them or doing a post now. I don't know, I still vote for server issues. Over the years they have had server issues regarding images and descriptions loading at a different speed other than the rest of the page. That being said, I figutr why should this be any different? We also never know what changes they are making. For all you know, changing the layout of the saved images may have introduced a bug someplace else. That can be a nightmare to debug, though I'm COBOL old school. I wouldn't have a clue with this sort of software.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.